Afghanistan pics

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jul 26, 2009
My Front Room
Always grand t' hear from thee.
Looking forward to being back on the wintery moors eating rabbit roasted over a cold fire?
I've hidden the 'Greek God' picture from the wife, just in case it proves to be competition for my own godly physique (Baccaus).

Nat

Sep 4, 2007
York, North Yorkshire
Welcome back fella, good to see you kept yer head down. Got a mate from my unit over there now being "busy as hell". Off myself next year with the LDG, joy lol.
Menu D is lush - honest!

Chambers

Settler
Jan 1, 2010
Darlington
Glad you got back safely fella, now when you cold eases off its got to be time to get out into the wet countryside for some bushcraft over here

lannyman8

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
oh god, dont remind me, pay as you starve, awesome...NOT!!!!!

the scorpion was in my boot after infiltrating during the night. it met a quick dispatch with a can of white death.... it was FOB Wishtan which is now closed and denied which is the only reason i have been able to put the pic's up.

a cold fire with roasted bummy sounds awesome after 45 deg c for 7 months.....lol

im affraid op massive reaches all trades when on tour, the lack of room and anything to do tends to do that. im also trainning for a course, just hope i can keep it up bask in sunny N Yorks....

bushcraft in the uk is sounding awesome, i just need to let the wife know now....lol.... im after some quiet places to go for over night and the odd day trip and im open to offers and tag alongs as i have almost 3 months off. again i may have to book time of with the wife....lol...

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

the spider is a Tiger spider and bites but does nout but nips you. the other spider (not got picture sorry) is a Camel spider which bites and has venom of sorts and if untreated can kill a small person im told by the locals.
the other picture is just to prove Afghanistan get rain....lol.... and oh yes it did rain alot when it did, which then left 8" of siltey clay horid mud and no waterproof boots.......awesome....

Everything Mac

Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
Good to see you back safe big man. A mate of mine is possibly off out there soon.

menu D for 4 months eh? oof. bet that got a tiny bit dull!

all the best

Andy

Last edited:

basha

Forager
Aug 9, 2006
kent
Welcome back from your tour....I hope you get some peaceful quality time off before you have to go out again.
Thanks for the pictures; it's good to get some views from the serving soldier.

best wishes
Basha

Melonfish

Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
scorpions are quite edible i believe, glad to see your back in one piece and the spids didn't get you :D interesting to see the tiger spider as all everyone ever posts is pictures of the camel spider, just because its a ruddy great beast.
you guys weren't seriously on menu D the whole time? the enemy didn't need to get eyes on the base, they could prolly hear you lot tooting from the other side of a mountain range...

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
TeeDee..... the temp at night was about 25-30 c it drops about 10 dec at night maybe a bit more.

the day time temp was between 35-45 c depending on wind and cloud. the peak temp was about 49, 50 c. when i left it was 30-35 during the day and 12-14 at night and i was freezing which is why i got a cold probly....lol....

the menu's we had where D mainly which is stewd steak and menu B which is minced beef. we also had the odd menu A and E which is chicken. we also had the odd air drop of fresh which was never what i asked for and totaly random but a great help. all i wanted was a clod salad for about 3 months.....lol

EdS

glad you are back.

I'd be up for a bit of a stomp around - spent alot of time around the camp as a kid around the camp as my father is from Colburn/Scotton and they are now in Richmond. The best cherry trees used to be on Arras Lines, but that was 30 years ago - they might stil be there.

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Thanks for posting,good to get a insight into what you guys do and the conditions you do it in, i take my hat off to all of you, thanks for posting and glad your back ok.

gsfgaz

Jul 19, 2009
Hamilton... scotland
Great ti see ur back safe mate , yoos guys have done some job out there , i cant even imagine what u had to go through bud ,
bring awe the boys back home

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE