advice

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

drewdunnrespect

On a new journey
Aug 29, 2007
teesside
www.drewdunnrespect.com
guys and girls need sume advice and that is, is there any camping shops that do trade in due to the fact i have now become a established meet goer and have found the two rucksacks that i not brilliant and want to sell them prefrably not on ebay.

first one is one i was given free and never used because i would not hold all the gear and could not be extended in anyway and is not branded and is probably 50 litres

so i baught a Militery PlCE issue 120 litre bergen and well its perfect except the hip belt is two high so no good so am now looking at the sabre 60 to 120 litrea because i have the plce issue side pouches that connect to it.

now heres the problem if i baught another rucksack my mum and dad would probably kill me because the dont understand you cant have to much gear

cheers drew

MickG

Forager
Feb 2, 2009
Blackwood South Wales
Because you are hoping to part exchange [which I doubt most shops do] it does not mean you are going to get a better price as all shops want a good mark up on their sales
Try a store sellng second hand army gear they may buy or part exchange
What is wrong with ebay or this site
Why not start selling at a price you want and if it dont sell reduce the price untill it goes
Mick

Barney

Settler
Aug 15, 2008
Lancashire
Listen to your mum and dad drew.

If you are going to mostly use meets as your source of outdoor adventure, roll up in the car and use a trolly like most others.:D

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Are you planning to cover some miles then Drew ? If it`s mostly meet stuff you`re doing then I`d stick with the PLCE, them Sabres aren`t cheap if it`s not going to be used that much. If you are gonna get out on some trips then you`ve made a good choice with the Sabre, not tried the 60-120 but I love my 75 :D

Get yourself paid up on here and stick em in the classifieds, I think I got around £35 for my PLCE when I sold it on here. The no name one will probably sell too if it`s green :D

Shambling Shaman

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 1, 2006
In The Wild
www.mindsetcentral.com
Put them on here - but at the same time have a look for a shop that might facilitate your needs. As an after thought the bergen has a high hip belt as its to be worn over webbing, just like I have............:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

freespin

Tenderfoot
Dec 5, 2008
Washington
Drew.... use a trolley ! lol
Ya folks will never know about the trolley.
Just buy what ya want and hide it in ya new car.

Christ.......... wait til they find out ya want a canoe........ in smoggy red!!

Go for it
freespin

Dec 18, 2008
Durham.
Drew, you mention that the hipbelt is too high on one of them. Without having used this particular bergen, may I suggest that you see if it's possible to adjust the back-harness to give the correct hip to shoulder height?
Good luck, anyhow :)

drewdunnrespect

On a new journey
Aug 29, 2007
teesside
www.drewdunnrespect.com
shewie n regard to weather i plan on doing sum miles with it i do this summer and that why its no good

also spot on with the sabre because i tried one out and well its mint even tho it was just in the shops with ropes in it

no name one is not green unfortunatly its black and blue

also does the side pouches add two the 60 to 100 litre bergan cos if so its 120 cos each side pocket is 10 litre

Jedadiah

Native
Jan 29, 2007
Northern Doghouse
because i have the plce issue side pouches that connect to it.

Word to the wise buddy, there should be a code number on the back of the zips on your side pouches; usually a V and then some numbers. Please ensure you buy a bergan with numbers that match your side pouch numbers. These indicate the type of zips you have (TPI,number of 'teeth per inch', width and pitch of teeth, etc) If they don't match up, they will not fit!

You'll be chasing your tale trying to get pouches, i'm sure many will say 'Been There, Done That'.:rolleyes: ;) :D

sapper1

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 3, 2008
swansea
Best thing to do is go and try some sacks for size ,then make an informed decision.
Once you know what you want/need then sell the others,wait 'til you have the money to buy the one you want and don't "make do with something close" as you'll never like it and always pine for the one you really wanted.
Get to some more meets and try other peoples sacks,try them fully loaded as they all feel great empty.If you come to the next Welsh meet you can carry mine from the carpark to the site.It's only about 500 feet, almost vertically,this will give you a good idea as to how they suit you.I'm sure the other chaps will let you carry theirs too.

andy_e

Native
Aug 22, 2007
Scotland
Word to the wise buddy, there should be a code number on the back of the zips on your side pouches; usually a V and then some numbers. Please ensure you buy a bergan with numbers that match your side pouch numbers. These indicate the type of zips you have (TPI,number of 'teeth per inch', width and pitch of teeth, etc) If they don't match up, they will not fit!

You'll be chasing your tale trying to get pouches, i'm sure many will say 'Been There, Done That'.:rolleyes: ;) :D

The things you learn on here :D I bought a random set of olive PLCE pouches ages ago that I use with by Sabre45 and with my 60-100, guess I was lucky - still I could have passed them on to someone here if there'd been a problem.

BTW First meet I ever turned up to at Middlewood, Wayland wandered over and kindly offered me the use a trolley to bring in my gear - hehehe!

drewdunnrespect

On a new journey
Aug 29, 2007
teesside
www.drewdunnrespect.com
cheers guys for advice, i think its time i bit the bullet and became a fully paid up member and then flogg the plc on here and buy a sabre cos i plan on doing some miles this summer so the over time that i will be doing in a weeks times is allready spent by the looks of it oooops

drew

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE