Advice while looking for a respectable hat

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Mar 29, 2015
west sussex
Hi all, I'm looking around for a bush hat similar to the toggi bushman but more around a student's price range ~£40.
Guess im wondering if anyone have any first hand reviews of these or know if the cheaper ones on eBay are actually of any quality?

Thanks!

sharpangle

Sep 2, 2015
N Ireland
Check out some of the Tilley hats. Slightly different style but excellent quality and very practical outdoors headwear. Worth every penny.

mrcharly

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 25, 2011
North Yorkshire, UK
I would not buy any of the cheaper leather hats without trying them on, as the size control is not brilliant. A half-decent leather 'australian' leather hat lasts decades.

It's worth visiting a few shops, places like Bata and Yates in Malton stock a decent range.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
I would not buy any of the cheaper leather hats without trying them on, as the size control is not brilliant. A half-decent leather 'australian' leather hat lasts decades.

It's worth visiting a few shops, places like Bata and Yates in Malton stock a decent range.

+1 that.

My old dead kangaroo is 30 years old this year and still looks respectable.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
I've got a rogue air head(I think) but time spent on the dash board of my van, means its now shrunk, yet the akubra along side it hasn't.

Rob

Mar 29, 2015
west sussex
Those tarp hats are pretty interesting, I'd never come across them before but they seem like the way to go. Going to check a few places for the tilley hats as well

Thanks for the suggestions all

mousey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
I've been looking at an akubra hat for a while now, I think this'll be the next one. I have quite a few hats, I just like hats :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE