Advice on stock refinishing advice!

CLEM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
http://[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Buk2tII.jpg[/IMG]

kl05fYT.jpg
[/IMG]

HUZZAH!!!! At bloody well last I got the photos up!!! :cool:

Last edited:

CLEM

Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
All finished now, action returned from its fettling and custom race muzzle bull barrel brake, knurled under lever. Shoots real nice with a reduced straight linear recoil in the shoulder. The action fits in to the stock perfectly well and it fits in to my shoulder very nicely too. I've shot her mostly from the kneeling position so far and she is ROCK steady. I hope to get out this weekend and give a proper testing over the knock down steel targets!

Last edited:

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Good grief mate. That really is a thing of beauty. Wouldn't worry about it feeling different and getting used to it, that'll all happen with time. I hope I can have a shot or two in a couple of weeks. It looks absolutely stunning. The HW97K is a superb rifle straight from box, but that.... :Wow:

CLEM

Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
Good grief mate. That really is a thing of beauty. Wouldn't worry about it feeling different and getting used to it, that'll all happen with time. I hope I can have a shot or two in a couple of weeks. It looks absolutely stunning. The HW97K is a superb rifle straight from box, but that.... :Wow:
Well JD I had me first real go with her Sunday but the wind wasn't conducive to getting a proper zero but my score wasn't bad considering ( it's heading back up towards where it used to be )it took me four or five shots to figure out how to compensate for it shooting high and left! I cannot wait to get my new scope, or at least my old one back and repaired from Deben! It handles real nice. Your welcome to try her out any time JD mate!

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Sweet. Wish I could have made it on Sunday, but with THREE moms to appease, it wasn't going to happen. As you know I used to have the thumb hole stock on my HK 97K but I couldn't get back into using it after I spent time with the Pro Sport. Pity that company that made you stock is DOA otherwise I might have been tempted to get another.

CLEM

Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
Sweet. Wish I could have made it on Sunday, but with THREE moms to appease, it wasn't going to happen. As you know I used to have the thumb hole stock on my HK 97K but I couldn't get back into using it after I spent time with the Pro Sport. Pity that company that made you stock is DOA otherwise I might have been tempted to get another.
There's always next time JD mate, your always welcome to come for a plink :) Yes it's a real great shame that GINB have folded, they made some fabulous handling and looking stocks!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE