A wee bit o whittling

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

stuart f

Jan 19, 2004
Hawick, Scottish Borders
Hi folks,i've did a bit of whittling today and this is the result. I've no seen many of these on the site lately so i thought i would post my first effort.

Cheers for looking.
rooster640x480.jpg

Cheers Stuart.

Draven

Native
Jul 8, 2006
Scotland
That's great :D And as Shewie pointed out, a double use :D I was trying to think up something clever about a burning chicken, but no luck so far:p

Oct 6, 2008
Cheshire
Those are fantastic! I got myself a great book on whittling a couple of weeks ago. I'm really enjoying getting stuck in but my efforts are nowhere near as good as those.

Hi folks,i've did a bit of whittling today and this is the result. I've no seen many of these on the site lately so i thought i would post my first effort.

Cheers for looking.
rooster640x480.jpg

Cheers Stuart.

Loving that! Very good work.

I notice the book underneath by Chris Lubkemann, I was recently going to buy it but was put off by an amazon review which said that it was predominantly birds and a little limited? Is this true?

I do like to interpret my own things from the form of the wood but it can't be denied that a little inspiration from others fuels your thoughts! Can anyone recommend any good books?

Many thanks

Leo

brancho

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Whitehaven Cumbria
I love that:D

I notice the book underneath by Chris Lubkemann, I was recently going to buy it but was put off by an amazon review which said that it was predominantly birds and a little limited? Is this true?

His books are rather good IMO I borrowed one of his from my local library

jojo

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 16, 2006
England's most easterly point
I have the little book of whittling, there are knives :)D ) forks, walking stick, birds, a tiny canoe, spoon, a catapult, whistle... and other little bits and pieces. A good little book.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE