a pole for the hoop on a Dutch army bivi bag

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

xander

Tenderfoot
Apr 28, 2011
bedford england
not sure of this is the right place to ask this as I'm on my phone sat in kids world :)
but I'm after a pole for the hoop on a dutch bivi bag I think it will need to be 130 cm and be able to fold down at least once so I can carry it anyone have any ideas on wot it should be made of and where I could get one from ???

thank for your help
xan

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
Do a search something like this:

http://www.bing.com/search?q=tent+poles+replacement&go=&qs=n&sk=&sc=1-22&form=QBLH&filt=rf

There are many to choose from, and the up-market ones can be a little expensive. Some of the aluminium poles cost more than the prices of complete tents that I have bought (including fibreglass poles).

Flexible aluminium poles are remarkably strong. They will fold (catastrophic failure) if bent too far, but if they are pre-curved they can form a very tight curve radius (smaller than you could easily squeeze your shoulders through) without difficulty.

SCOMAN

Life Member
Dec 31, 2005
Perthshire
I made a hooped bivvy an age ago. I'm sure I got suitable poles from Point North Fabrics they were about 7 - 9 mm fibre glass type ones with a piece of aluminium tube to join them together. Failing that you could look in a DIY store for a suitable materials.

topknot

Maker
Jun 26, 2006
bristol
Go and buy a cheap tent for Asda £10 for the poles, and then cut up the tent and use it for other things that's what i did.

Topknot

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
Check out terra nova bivi's, and if they are the same size as yours, terra nova will sell you a new pole, their prices are very good.

Rob

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE