A knife with file work

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jojo

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 16, 2006
England's most easterly point
Another knife for sale, 01 tool steel, 4mm thick blade, 111mm long, overall length 215mm. The spine is decorated with some vine filework. Handle is Thuya, epoxied to the full tang blade, brass rivets and lanyard tube.
The sheath is hand sewed 3mm veg tan leather.

Asking £125.00 +P&P. Paypal please add 4% SOLD

I would rather keep this one, I must say. but an imminent move to Bristol is raising its ugly head and the bank account is gasping..... :eek:

DSCN0138.jpg

DSCN0162.jpg

DSCN0161.jpg

DSCN0143.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Would you take instalments? Only joking:lmao:

Lovely knife, only if I wasn't married, all my money would be mine and not hers:lmao:

jasons

Settler
Jan 15, 2006
Tain Scotland
Silverback said:
I remember seeing this in the making in a previous post and thought how nice it looked and would be nice to own. PM sent :D
but will you be useing it at this week ends :approve: meet. :p nice work jojo

jojo

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 16, 2006
England's most easterly point
bushwacker bob said:
beautiful work Jojo.Are you sure the handle is Thuja?

Well, you've put doubt in my mind now! I had bought some Thuya some years back and if I rememeber correctly it was not burl but part of a branch or trunk, which was easier and somewhat cheaper to get than thuya burl. The burl is near impossible to buy nowadays, if you're lucky you can find sometimes objects made ot the stuff that you can recycle.

It's hard, dense wood but also brittle, strongly aromatic, sort of strong peppery smell, very oily which clogs the sand paper very quickly. I am reasonably sure, thus. The wood can be from reddish brown to almost black.

Silverback

Sep 29, 2006
England
I received the knife today and all I can say is that it is a lot of knife for the money and just oozes quality. I am delighted with it and anyone considering a jojo purchase in the future should not hesitate - the craftmanship is absolutely stunning :D

Klenchblaize

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
I tend to agree now I’ve seen the file work as for some reason I did not spot this when it was first posted – just caught a glimpse of the side view as it uploaded very slowly. Clearly this was not the whole story!

Not over-keen on the contour given to scales nor the material used but that is an easy modification.

Enjoy Mr. Silverback!

Cheers

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE