A bimble around Rivington (pic heavy)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
Well it snowed buckets last night so Myself, Jules and Frodo went for a walk around Rivington pike

Frodo LOVES the snow
swpohs.jpg

Nice woods
2yo4h9f.jpg

Wasn't too cold
biklmh.jpg

The Pigeon Tower
15wcqhz.jpg

Jules and Frodo
nvt6w8.jpg

Some cool little follies
2z9jjtu.jpg

Havin' fun
2z58v8j.jpg

Archway
2m81p5h.jpg

Frodo the explorer
abm4ph.jpg

Always up to something..
20i9nbt.jpg

I really didn't realise there was so much to see on the hill.

tommy the cat

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 6, 2007
SHROPSHIRE UK
Very nice. We had a wee but of snow here too over night but it quickly melted.
Got out for a bit of a stroll myself but didn't take the camera....thanks for sharing.
Dave

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
I go to that area once a year now but for a challenge walk so too busy haring around following somebody else's route as fast as possible to explore that area. I used to live reasonably close too as a kid so my parents used to take us there for walks. i still remember the first time i experienced a walk in vvv deep snow. It was there and I was the youngest and lightest so could walk on top of the snow.It was up to my waist at times if it gave way under me. I really must go back and explore it someday. I always thought it a magical place as a kid. ruins, follys a good teashop! what more does it really need?

R3XXY

Settler
Jul 24, 2009
Crewe
Looks like an interesting spot, what are the old buildings and structrures ?

Lovely to go out, or see pics of an outing in the snow. There's something quite magical about it.

Good choice of backpack by the way.

Tom

Oct 6, 2008
Cheshire
Thanks for that! Like many others on here I have very fond childhood memories of a day out "up Rivvy". It was where being outdoors for fun started for me and I had forgotten how great a place it is.
I might nip up there again the next week or two.

mikewilkinson

Apr 28, 2010
Blackrod, Bolton
So good to see some photos of my neck of the woods, I'm over the road(M61) in Blackrod and I'm usually up on the hill or around the resi' every night with my mad mutts.

Didn't realise how many bushcrafters were around this area. I'll keep an eye out... ... I'll be the nutter chilling out in his hammock watching the sunset just up from the japanese garden, or down by the lower resi shore. Occasionally you will see me up lead mines clough, foraging (loads of interesting foods up there wood sorrel, golden leaved saxifrage, Hedge Garlic,etc...) and watching the deer(Whilst holding back the Mutts!!).

Asa Samuel

Native
May 6, 2009
St Austell.
Can't believed I missed this thread, there's some fantastic pictures there. Very lord of the rings-esque! I really miss the north west!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE