6 Elk stolen !

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I heard on the radio last year that somebody had stolen 1,500 sheep in Lincolnshire somewhere in one night, that must have taken some serious planning, plus all the trucks etc

Adze

Native
Oct 9, 2009
Cumbria
www.adamhughes.net
So wait a sec... 6 mooses are nicked in Yeovil on a Thursday night? Surely that's your average pay day in Somerset isn't it? #6bacardibreezersandapacketofporkscratchingspleaselandlord

Jul 12, 2012
Liverpool
Didn't you hear about the 6 thousand gallons of Maple syrup stolen from the national strategic reserve in Canada?
I honestly don't know whats funny the amount stolen (thats one massive stack of pancakes) or the Fact Canada has a Strategic Reserve of Maple syrup.

Wook

Settler
Jun 24, 2012
Angus, Scotland
In the second link provided , the farmer mooted that it may have been "animal rights" people.

That set me thinking about something I last wondered about during the trend for letting farmed mink out of their cages.

Do the "activists" think, "Oooh look, a cuddly wuddly little domesticated animal with no survival skills. Aint that cute? I'll just go and release him into the wild so I can watch him frolick and play and run down the M1......."

I suspect that this kind of behaviour is more to do with selfishly reinforcing the "activists" self image than it is anything else.

Feb 15, 2011
Elsewhere
In the second link provided , the farmer mooted that it may have been "animal rights" people.

That set me thinking about something I last wondered about during the trend for letting farmed mink out of their cages.

Do the "activists" think, "Oooh look, a cuddly wuddly little domesticated animal with no survival skills. Aint that cute? I'll just go and release him into the wild so I can watch him frolick and play and run down the M1......."

I suspect that this kind of behaviour is more to do with selfishly reinforcing the "activists" self image than it is anything else.

If you really want to know what the A.L.F. & other similar organisations motives are, might be better to ask them rather than be contented with Daily Mail-ish clichés about them. :)

Wook

Settler
Jun 24, 2012
Angus, Scotland
What's to ask? People have (and probably will again) released animals with no survival skills into the wild out of "compassion". That's not kindness. Now some might say that anyone who did that wasn't a "true animal rights activist", but that's just getting into "no true Scotsman" territory.

Although we've no evidence that is what happened here. I think it more likely someone wants to eat the elk.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE