58 pattern field pack

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

vizsla

Native
Jun 6, 2010
Derbyshire
i managed to get a unused pack and yoke today for 7 quid what a bargain the only anoying thing is i think i prefer it to the very exspensive sabre pack iv spent a fortune collecting.
i was just wandering if any one else has one and has set it up without using a 58 patt belt,
hope you no wot i mean
cheers ash

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
you cant really set the 58 patt large pack up without the belt,you really need the whole load out for it to work properly as it attach's to pouches as well,although with a bit of ingenuity you can rig something up ive done it myself(but you need to do some mods) but it doesnt sit very well and you cant get much in it

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
MAde me smile this - I pitched a complete set of 58 pattern webbing into the pile to go into the skip today!

11binf

Forager
Aug 16, 2005
Phx. Arizona U.S.A
hi MelonFish..i have used a P-58 pack as just a regular pack by CUTTING the straps OFF and using a set of U.S. ALICE shoulder straps connected to the bear D-rings, as you would a regular ALICE pack...this gives new life to the hated P-58 pack.....vince g. 11B Infantry.....

Silverhill

Maker
Apr 4, 2010
Derbyshire
According to the lass in the 'surplus' store in Ludlow the other week, 58 patt belts are like hens teeth (like you didn't know that already) but the rest of the 58 patt stuff is becoming increasingly favoured by TA guys. According the the lass, a guy came in the other week just back from Herrick told her that he was only issued one water bottle pouch, which could explain things.

vizsla

Native
Jun 6, 2010
Derbyshire
cheers lads iv managed to get it working with the 58 patt yoke, its never gona be as comfy as my other packs but i dont want it to be thats the reason i like it because its basic but hard wearing and comfy enough for strolling around the woods, the two side pockets are perfect size for laplander saw,kinife and pocket axe which i like.
i would recomend this pack to anyone especialy at that price and i definately wouldnt put it in a skip!.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE