40 years ago today

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Jaymzflood

Nomad
Mar 1, 2011
Swansea
It's very impressive, the article dosent mention they had to find his old commanding officer to tell him the war was over before he'd believe anyone!

Thats crazy!! He must habe been soooooo paranoid about it. And look at that reed trap for the eels, thats a bit of bushcraft DIY right there!!!

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
A great survivalist, but don't forget he also stole pigs, chickens and food stocks from local farmers. Heck of a fella none the less.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Yes, One of my heroes (who all tend to be a bit...exotic)

But not so much bushcraft as good at nicking.

Miyagi

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
These guys are the actual origin of the saying "always at the last Jap" meaning late as usual.

IIRC they were given back pay from their Government, so able to enjoy their old age financially secure.

Liam

JC1984

Tenderfoot
Jan 11, 2012
Craster, Northumberland
Amazing stories and just shows what discipline the Japanese had in that war - must have been a tough enemy. I've just added Onoda's book to my Amazon basket - my WW2 POW and E&E bookshelf is creaking under the weight but I think this would be a worthy addition :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE