2012 bcuk Arctic Expedition

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
There's still plenty of time for this one.

Last years expedition was cancelled due to lack of numbers, if the same happens this time I doubt if the opportunity will arise again.

Would the not merge the two groups and form a joint course??

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
I have spent a fair amount of time above the Arctic circle and have not yet been lucky enough to see the Northern Lights. This is a great trip at a very good price put together by Tony and Woody.

I am surprised that it has not selling like hot cakes. If you are considering an Arctic adventure then do it and book.

I have no connection with Woody and Bushcraft Expeditions in fact he is a competitor but this course is a really good deal.

One thing that has put me off going on the trip was the flights. For me I would have to get down to Glasgow/Edinburgh and fly out from there, stay a night and a full day in Oslo, then get a flight up to the site the following day. Either that or get a flight to London from Aberdeen and then over. Would have been easier for me to get to Stavanger and then fly from there but there were no connecting flights when I last looked.
Plus would have to save up the pennies and got a place on a course in a couple weeks.

winger

May 16, 2011
Loughborough
This sounds like a great week, I think the expeditions you are offering through Bushcraft Expeditions are at a great price as well!

I am very tempted by this but am torn between saving for this or the Borneo expedition which you are running later in 2012.
I think I'll have to do more research into flight prices to see which exped will be more achievable for me (got a bit more time to save for Borneo, although it is more expensive) but both are sounding great so I've started saving the pennies...

Had a quick look at the link Woody posted and the flight prices seem to be around £250, is this what other people have found?

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Just started making a canvas and Ventile anorak for this.

I'll post up when it's done.

As promised.

Snow-Parka.jpg

More details here.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
It took me about a week of work to put together but I've been kicking ideas around for a good couple of months.

I'm doing a lot of work on my kit now because I don't want to end up shelling out for stuff that I decide I need next February.

Having said that, I'm surprised at how much of the required kit I've already got available. If truth be told I could probably get by without any new kit... But where's the fun in that?

Wayland

Hárbarðr
One thing that has put me off going on the trip was the flights. For me I would have to get down to Glasgow/Edinburgh and fly out from there, stay a night and a full day in Oslo, then get a flight up to the site the following day. Either that or get a flight to London from Aberdeen and then over. Would have been easier for me to get to Stavanger and then fly from there but there were no connecting flights when I last looked.
Plus would have to save up the pennies and got a place on a course in a couple weeks.

Alternatively get yourself down to me in Manchester for a stop over and fly out together.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Aye... But I can probably only afford to do this once, and combining both courses with only one return flight to pay for is a big attraction.

The other thing is that I often find it takes me a couple of days to really get into "the zone" so two weeks is so much better than one imo.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Aye... But I can probably only afford to do this once, and combining both courses with only one return flight to pay for is a big attraction.

The other thing is that I often find it takes me a couple of days to really get into "the zone" so two weeks is so much better than one imo.

Actually.. your idea is sounding more and more seductive to my little ears! , H'mm I wonder if I can swing 2 weeks out in the whites stuff... watch this space.

widu13

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 9, 2008
Ubique Quo Fas Et Gloria Ducunt
1. Wayland
2. Imagedude
3. skaus84

Sorry mate, no way could I get more time off work, I'd love to do both but I can't.

I would say keep a hole warm for me but that doesn't sound right :eek:

Wayland

Hárbarðr
No worries mate, I can well understand it if you've done some training before.

I think I want to get the basics under my belt first with a warm retreat option before going out on a limb in the wilds.

[video=youtube;Vs8YRyrQ1Bc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vs8YRyrQ1Bc&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

I can't believe people aren't queuing up for this though.
4166.gif

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE