2012 bcuk Advanced Arctic Expedition

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Eight kilometers travellled on snowshoes today, looks like I'll have to get a lot fitter before I'm able to travel thirty K with a twenty K pack!

Good man Bob, that sounds like some tough going. God knows what I'll do if I cant haul, My loads bang on 50 kg and I can still only walk 2 miles with it before collapsing in a heap.

14kg of food though, so its not too bad.

Teepee

Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Thats it guys, I'm packed and ready to go.
:)

I threw a 5x4 poly tarp in to rig up as it looks like it'll be contsant precip for the duration and my hobo stove made the cut also.

Theres about 30cm of lying snow at bardufoss at present, the snowshoes will not be a waste of effort to carry.

See you in the fridge (not looking like a freezer anymore). I'm easily recognisable at the airport, I look like I've been lost in the Yukon for the winter :D.

Imagedude

Feb 24, 2011
Gwynedd
Sounds good, see what the conditions are like then make a decision. I didnt think about the bus option either;)

Good going Bob, and Snow shoeing means there must be snow:)

We had a foot of snow last night hence the shoeing instead of skiing. However temps rise above freezing on sunday.
IMAG0112.jpg

Last edited:

DUCky

Nomad
Aug 17, 2004
Utrecht, The Netherlands
I am set as well. I have got my gear packed and am coming in at 29 kg (with about 7 kg of food). Will need to get some fuel and do some final shopping for steaks ;)
I thought about leaving my snow shoes, but after having gone to the trouble of fitting them in my pack, they are coming along!

Look forward to meeting you all.

Imagedude

Feb 24, 2011
Gwynedd
I had bear, moose, reindeer, horse and rakefisk for dinner tonight. Next week it will be compo and snack bars.

Into_the_wild

Tenderfoot
Dec 20, 2011
Neath
Few hours sleep before an early flight tmrw. If I get any sleep, my body clocks a mess after staying up till 2am moat of the week packing and re-packing, in the end Ive just chucked it all in lol! Ill have to repack again In Norway anyway. See you all soon:)

redandshane

Native
Oct 20, 2007
Batheaston
Few hours sleep before an early flight tmrw. If I get any sleep, my body clocks a mess after staying up till 2am moat of the week packing and re-packing, in the end Ive just chucked it all in lol! Ill have to repack again In Norway anyway. See you all soon:)
Have a great time we must have a meet when you get back with the broke back Brecon crew
I am off up the Vale of Neath to the edge of the Brecons via Neath this morning

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Me too, a couple of the guys have lived and breathed nothing but arctic stuff for the last six months.

I hope it's been nice and cold for them

tedw

Settler
Sep 3, 2003
Cambridgeshire, UK
It was fantastic:D! We got a couple of cold & wet days, but that just broadened the bushcraft living experience. My thanks to Woody and all the BCUKers on the trip for being great company. Now to deal with the pile of wet/damp/dirty/smoky kit in the garage...........and get some more sleep!

Imagedude

Feb 24, 2011
Gwynedd
Didn't get too cold, perhaps -8 on one occasion. It did snow a lot and that combined with freezing rain and fluctuating temps meant that we had fun.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE