2011 crusader cooker??

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Chrisf

Aug 24, 2012
South yorkshire
I could never seem to get a good boil with the gel, which is why i swapped the cup and cooker unit on here. I did manage it with a small meths burner though. The burner was made from the cover of a tealight and fibreglass wick, cut so that it stood about 1/4 inch above the tealight cover. If i remember correctly it took about nine pieces to fill the tealight and could be left in the cooker when not in use, with the cup in place. All that was needed was a small amount of meths. I would try it again and maybe give some more details but as i've said i haven't got the system anymore.

Funny that I could never get my burner unit to boil more than an egg cup full of water. I bought the full set in the pouch with the cup and bottle and thought the plastic lid rubbish. Amazing that anyone could invent such a poor performing stove must have taken a special effort to come up with such a poor design. Forgot to to mention but I have had two new water bottles bothe leaked around the cap seal and one split in half when dropped. Junk.

Chris

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE