2011 crusader cooker??

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mike8472

Jul 28, 2009
west yorkshire
Just spoken to bcb and there is now a metal mesh attachment for the cooker unit. I have asked them to email the info to me so i will post it up here when it arrives

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
That's interesting. Like Gareth says, it doesn't really show much, but as long as it is as compact as the old one, it might be an improvement.

Bandis

Nov 23, 2009
south east
I thought the video was a bit odd, a promotional video that doesn't show the product it's promoting!!!

You can see that it has a new upper part on the windshield though and, as you say, it might be an improvement.

Andy T

Settler
Sep 8, 2010
Stoke on Trent.
I could never seem to get a good boil with the gel, which is why i swapped the cup and cooker unit on here. I did manage it with a small meths burner though. The burner was made from the cover of a tealight and fibreglass wick, cut so that it stood about 1/4 inch above the tealight cover. If i remember correctly it took about nine pieces to fill the tealight and could be left in the cooker when not in use, with the cup in place. All that was needed was a small amount of meths. I would try it again and maybe give some more details but as i've said i haven't got the system anymore.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I have seen the mesh thingy at the Outdoor Trade Show 2 years running. They told me that they would be sending me one for review both years.... do not hold your breath folks...

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
What is the item on the bottom of the cooking system? i have a burner unit, i thought that would be bottom

thanks folks

From Top to bottom
Plastic cup
Water bottle
Metal cup (Cooker)
New Windshield
Cooker Base
Mesh Bag
BCB Fireball ferrocium rod

Neither the windshield nor the mesh bag appear to be listed on BCB's website, though both make a little sense to a mediocre system.

It would seem that squadies appear to be happy with a warm cup of instant tea, as opposed to necessitating a rolling boil to purify wild water that Bushies often require.

ATB

Ogri the trog

kard133

Mar 20, 2010
Bath
They are also listing a new fuel for the cooker, googling "fire dragon" brings up a few snippets of news saying it is an alcohol based fuel from sugar beets, and to be made in wales. I wonder how it will compare to the green heat stuff?
http://www.adsgroup.org.uk/articles/29675

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE