2 days, 2 nights in the Lake District hiking and hammocking (pics)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

kINGPIN

Nomad
Dec 14, 2009
Cambridgeshire UK
Me, bro in law and the dog went for a hike and camp in the lakes this weekend. We were in Ennerdale and it was truely the best couple of days walking I have ever done. The main focus was a hike up Pillar, no real bushcraft skills used other then a little fire as we needed to clear the mossies away. As always we left no trace.

Full pics and write up can be found here; http://thesecretcamper.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/wild-camping-and-hiking-for-2-days-and.html

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Looks like a good one, I did quite a bit round there earlier in the year and really grew to like the place. We were on the deck messing around with tents and tarps though, I'm looking forward to getting back there in autumn for some hanging

kINGPIN

Nomad
Dec 14, 2009
Cambridgeshire UK
Cheers Shewie. Its a great little place, and well worth the extra mileage from where I live. Taking hammocks to the lake district restricts you in many ways for obvious reasons, but it also makes finding a camp spot easier as you can pitch even on slopey ground. We found some great spots up in the mountains so we'll be taking our tents up there next time. Even though we were hanging, we took our bivi bags just in case, this was a good thing as it got damn cold at night- even when we were tramping it in 'mould cabin'.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE