1950s British Army Sentry Cape

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Lou

Settler
Feb 16, 2011
the French Alps
twitter.com
I don't know if anybody is interested in this, it is up on eBay:
pasahybu.jpg

Maybe worth buying for the fabric alone?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/British-A...987&pid=100015&prg=1006&rk=1&sd=330598822181&

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
It says it's waterproof which means its probably rubberised cotton rather than plain canvas. In which case I'm safe. Good spot though..

widu13

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 9, 2008
Ubique Quo Fas Et Gloria Ducunt
It's a 37' pattern cape. NO-ONE bother spending any cash on this. It is rubberised cotton and they are not very good. I used one in the cadets in the early 80s and they were laughable then!

Lou

Settler
Feb 16, 2011
the French Alps
twitter.com
Oh, that is good to know, I thought it was waxed cotton, it looked heavy.... I thought that maybe the fabric could be used to make something else, but I have had no experience of rubberised cotton.... Not sure I really want to from what you have said widu13 :)

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
It's literally cotton and rubber mixed. As Toddy says, cold to the touch and a bit slick, heavy and non-breathable too. I once had a mac made of it but moved it on.

Twodogs

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 16, 2008
West Midland
www.facebook.com
Ar ye-olde 37 pattern gas cape ,,,,, ( Scary concept me thinks )

Had them in the ACF many moons ago ..

Bound to of been loads of makers so could have different fabrics ?

Twodogs

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
I had one of those in the early 80's. Wore it out once in the rain and I got wetter underneath it with condensation build up than I would have without it. I finally donated it to a charity after they called for shelters after an earthquake in Turkey. Still felt guilty about doing that 30+ years later, talk about insult to injury because some poor Turkish bloke got lumbered with that.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE