13. 14, 15 September. Steadhall wood (Burley Wood) between Otley and Ilkley'

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tonyge

Tenderfoot
Jul 6, 2012
Leeds
Well you could bring a cooler bag/ box or put sealed packet in bag in stream which would also keep it cool until ready to use.

However leaving it in shade should also be ok.

What meat is it?

Sent from Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk 4

Thank you very much. I haven't decided. Chicken or lamb. :)

Zheng

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Both dodgy meats unless already cooked or marinated etc. The bag in the stream is probably the best suggestion. For the sake of a day.....if it's raw and you want to cook it Saturday or Sunday.....I'd freeze it at home.....then it will thaw nice and steady in time for cooking.

If Woden Wills It , then it will be so

tonyge

Tenderfoot
Jul 6, 2012
Leeds
Both dodgy meats unless already cooked or marinated etc. The bag in the stream is probably the best suggestion. For the sake of a day.....if it's raw and you want to cook it Saturday or Sunday.....I'd freeze it at home.....then it will thaw nice and steady in time for cooking.

Thank you Chiseller

ADz-1983

Native
Oct 4, 2012
Hull / East Yorkshire

Good point. If I taking steak/meat out with me I'll always freeze it night before if planning on having it 2nd night.

wanderinstar

On a new journey
Jun 14, 2005
Yorkshire/Lancs Border
Hi folks
May I ask how to you store food during the meet. I mean meat if it can't be stored in the fridge. Cheers

Zheng
i use a cooler box. I freexe everything that can be frozen, including milk. That way everything takes longer to thaw out. I am sure that if you put it in the freezer now, I will be able to find some room for it in my box.

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
Ian did you manage to get a parachute in the end? Just thinking I have a 6x4.5m tarp I could bring for a communal area if it's needed?

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
May be able to still make this. Don't add us to the list, but if we can, we will be there as early as permitted, complete with saws, claw hammer, snips (if I can find them) and wonder bar.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

wanderinstar

On a new journey
Jun 14, 2005
Yorkshire/Lancs Border
Copperhead. Haven;t sorted a parachute out yet. So if you could bring the tarp. Simon is going to bring a chute from the scouts, so between the two of you we should be covered, literally.

Simon. If you could bring the chute it would be greatly appreciated.
You can come anytime on Friday. I will be there Thursday pm.

Why do the forecasters forecast a good weekend and then midweek it all changes.
An old fisherman at Whitby once told me the best way to forecast the weather is to get up and open the curtains. Whatever you see, that is the weather. How true.

Last edited:

copper_head

Feb 22, 2006
Hull
I should be there around 5 ish, traffic permitting.

No problems Ian, I'll bring it along.

Johnnyboy1971

Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
If anyone is interested I have a chute that I haven't used since I bought it.
If its any good I'm willing to part with it, unfortunately I can't just give it away.

ADz-1983

Native
Oct 4, 2012
Hull / East Yorkshire
Copperhead. Haven;t sorted a parachute out yet. So if you could bring the tarp. Simon is going to bring a chute from the scouts, so between the two of you we should be covered, literally.

Simon. If you could bring the chute it would be greatly appreciated.
You can come anytime on Friday. I will be there Thursday pm.

Why do the forecasters forecast a good weekend and then midweek it all changes.
An old fisherman at Whitby once told me the best way to forecast the weather is to get up and open the curtains. Whatever you see, that is the weather. How true.

Tbh I think its going to be ok Friday/Saturday but better to get them up just in case.

lYqZsh6.png

Is there a rough time everyone is arriving on Friday?

Luke

Ian and myself will already be there bud. Others will likely arrive 12-6, Just depends on work/travel etc.

btw, do you all have the marked map, know how to get there? If you're unsure pm me and I'll give you my moby number then if you have any probs you can give me a bell and I can walk down and show you in.

If anyone is interested I have a chute that I haven't used since I bought it.
If its any good I'm willing to part with it, unfortunately I can't just give it away.

How big/how much bud? :)

Johnnyboy1971

Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
It was bought as a 32' chute, not measured it but would guess its about right.
No rips tears or repairs. If you want I can bring it along and talk price if its any good to you.

ADz-1983

Native
Oct 4, 2012
Hull / East Yorkshire
Meet List:
Wanderinstar
Fishaben
Copperhead
digitracker
flyfisher
Juggernaut
ADz-1983
Badger + 2 kids + extra Adult and son
Bluffer TBC Sunday
Leedsbrew & Mrs (duration is still WIP)
Black Sheep
Bigbear
Tonyge
Simon M
Johnnyboy1971
Shewie Sat only

Leather List:
copper_head
ADz-1983
Badger (Maybe) right handed, I have an awl and needles
Simon M

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE