12c27 and brown Micarta "Bushy"...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

stuart m

Nomad
May 18, 2006
Sheffield
www.stuartmitchellknives.com
I just got this finished and delivered before the easter holidays... 12c27 "Sandvik" blade at 3 1/2", brown Micarta scales secured by stainless Corby fixings and lanyard tube...

Cut and drilled....

DSCN3229.jpg

The blade ground, finished and engraved...

DSCN3335.jpg

DSCN3339.jpg

Waiting for the epoxy (please excuse the mobile phone photo :eek:)...

picture-1.jpg

Hafted and finished...

DSCN3427.jpg

Thanks for looking, Stu :)

addyb

Native
Jul 2, 2005
Vancouver Island, Canada.
It's fantastic. I have it in my Mora Clipper. It takes and holds an edge VERY well.

The only trouble I've ever had with it was when I discovered that 12c27 tends to chip quite easily when batonning whereas the standard carbon Mora is more springy. Other than that, I'd say the edge retention between the two is remarkably similar with one being a little easier to sharpen than the other. But considering how awful the weather is where I live it's worth the trade off. Either way you look at it, Stuart, that's an amazing knife with good steel. Props to you my friend.

Cheers,

Adam

P

PWork

WOW! That is simply beautiful. Perfect size. 12c27 is my favorite blade steel.

Jedadiah

Native
Jan 29, 2007
Northern Doghouse
Hi,
all i can say is WOW! :eek: Phenominal! The metal work is impressive (so is the engraving by the way, is it computerised? How do you do it?)

Talking about those micarta scales, are they linen or canvas and have you got a link to those who supplied it? Very much appreciated and well done!

stuart m

Nomad
May 18, 2006
Sheffield
www.stuartmitchellknives.com
Jedadiah said:
Hi,
all i can say is WOW! :eek: Phenominal! The metal work is impressive (so is the engraving by the way, is it computerised? How do you do it?)

Talking about those micarta scales, are they linen or canvas and have you got a link to those who supplied it? Very much appreciated and well done!
Thank you...

It is computerised yes, laser engraved by the Assay Office in Sheffield.

The scales are canvas and you will find it at www.texasknife.com

Cheers all, Stu :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE