11-11-11

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

leon-1

Just a personal note to Leon, Spamel, Mike and all the other members here who have served or are still serving.

Its an honour to share a virtual campfire with you - thank you for your service - we don't say that enough.

Red

Thanks from me and all those that I served with and those who are serving still. We do appreciate it.

I haven't been about much recently so missed this thread to start with Red. It's nice to think that there are still those that remember and support our boys.:You_Rock_

On a note to do with this I was listening to the radio yesterday when the bell tolled 11 and something that happened actually annoyed me. As long as I can remember I have adhered to the minutes silence, yet the guy on the radio couldn't even be bothered to do 50 seconds, my head came up after 45 seconds when some plant of a DJ started waffling and proceeded to play some useless load of rubbish.

What annoyed me was the interruption more than anything, if you are not going to adhere to the silence then fine, but to cut it short shows quite a terrible disdain for a time honored tradition of respect for those men and women who gave their lives for the benefit of others.

It was a bit like someone saying "I can't be arsed with this".

So it's nice to be reminded that there are people out there who still observe and give thanks for the benefits reaped by us for the sacrifices made by so many others.

Brian

Settler
Nov 6, 2003
Saltburn
Thanks again Red,

Just under sixteen years served when left the Army and currently working for the US Army in Iraq, I wear my poppy with pride and remember those who are not with us any more. Lest we forget

Brian

ganstey

Settler

Four lips of a poppy
blushed at my wayward feet
And I knew not why.

I stole it from its roots
and sped my way,
watching it grow weary.
The vivacious petals saddened
as though in sympathy
for my unseen grief.

At a point I waited
for other lips to touch mine,
but the poppy frowned and drooped
and grew more sad.

When the poppy was dead
I retraced my steps,
still holding the griever of my grief.

- 2071053 Spr. Anstey, J. July 1944

In special memory of John Charles Anstey, and Philip James Anstey (sgt, RAF)

G

Armleywhite

Nomad
Apr 26, 2008
Leeds
www.motforum.com
On behalf of my paternal grandfather, who fought at the somme and in others battels of ww1, and lived. On behalf of my maternal grandfather, who fought over Africa and Asia during WW2, and lived. On my behalf, who saw action in the South Atlantic and also served in Ireland

Thankyou Red.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE