100% Cacao

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
I got some of the 99% stuff that Lindt sell, might be OK for cooking but for eating it was pretty rank.
The 70% stuff is good as well as the 85% but for me the 99 was a step too far.
Lindt-Excellence-line.jpg

johnnytheboy

Native
Aug 21, 2007
Falkirk
jokesblogspot.blogspot.com
http://www.waitrose.com/food/productranges/chocolate.aspx

Toddy, cacao I think is cocoa solids, the solids and the butter mixed make chocolate, I think.

The 100% stuff as demographic points out is rank, but I think the cocoa butter is the nasty bit for us humans (In excess of course). I just made hot choclate and it really was as bitter as black coffee, milk and honey soon sorted it out though.

There was a program on Willys wonky chocolate or something where he was promoting it and using it in recipes.

Toddy, chilli chocolate is fantastic, there is a guy on Arran that makes some fantastic stuff, James of Arran or something, its great

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Ah, got you :D

The black, black stuff is gorgeous :approve:
Try adding orange to it, it makes a tremendous difference.

cheers,
Toddy

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------

Cheers, will have to give it a go.

I sometimes buy the 85% stuff in the local coffee shop for my wife and perhaps rather stupidly assumed the 99% stuff would be the same but slightly stronger. It was a huge difference and although we should have looked online for recipies, we just tried eating a bit on its own and didn't really like it.

In short, it was kind of our fault that we didn't like it and perhaps if we had put a bit of effort in we could have had something a lot nicer.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE