The Titanic sinking conspiracy theory

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

eraaij

Settler
Feb 18, 2004
Arnhem
Yes, about as unlikely as a cruiseship captain grounding a vessel in well-known territorial waters ;)

If accidents can happen, they will.

lub0

Settler
Jan 14, 2009
East midlands
It seems the Titanic and Olympic were switched last minute, so they could claim on the insurance. I'm on part 2 myself right now!

BillyBlade

Settler
Jul 27, 2011
Lanarkshire
It seems the Titanic and Olympic were switched last minute, so they could claim on the insurance. I'm on part 2 myself right now!

And yet, Titanics build number was 419. Exactly the number that was found on her props when they dived her.

Now, changing a few portholes post build, fair enough, but three mahoosive props? No.

No conspiracy. Just a skipper under pressure and a chunk of floating bad luck. It happens.

Conspiracies sell books though, and appeal to a certain section of society, so hey. Money to be made.

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
That was VERY interesting viewing. I'd watched Loose Change and was digusted by that figuring conspiracies as grand as that was a relatively new thing, then I learnt a bit about the Moon landings and before that Pearl harbour now this?! Sorta shakes the foundations of trust in any public officials way to put it lightly. I mean how much money can these people call enough?

Thanks for sharing that Lub0, sobering indeed. Now why wasn't this plastered all over the TV last weekend? Instead we had to listen to that patronising snot Jeremy Vine and every other news programme chunter on about it.

nuggets

Native
Jan 31, 2010
england
That was VERY interesting viewing. I'd watched Loose Change and was digusted by that figuring conspiracies as grand as that was a relatively new thing, then I learnt a bit about the Moon landings and before that Pearl harbour now this?! Sorta shakes the foundations of trust in any public officials way to put it lightly. I mean how much money can these people call enough?

Thanks for sharing that Lub0, sobering indeed. Now why wasn't this plastered all over the TV last weekend? Instead we had to listen to that patronising snot Jeremy Vine and every other news programme chunter on about it.

hmmm http://www.viewzone.com/fakegold.html

This one has been going around for some time ??? Might explain the downturn in the economy if its true ?? We will never know !!

demographic

Apr 15, 2005
-------------
Wow, reading this, it seems that they just managed it in time...

The first aluminium foil

Tin was first replaced by aluminium in 1910, when the first aluminium foil rolling plant, "Dr. Lauber, Neher & Cie."[SUP][5][/SUP] was opened in Emmishofen, Switzerland. The plant, owned by J.G. Neher & Sons, the aluminium manufacturers, started in 1886 in Schaffhausen, Switzerland , at the foot of the Rhine Falls - capturing the falls' energy to produce aluminium. Neher's sons together with Dr. Lauber discovered the endless rolling process and the use of aluminium foil as a protective barrier in December 1907.
The first use of foil in the United States was in 1913 for wrapping Life Savers, candy bars, and gum.[SUP][6][/SUP] Processes evolved over time to include the use of print, colour, lacquer, laminate and the embossing of the aluminium.

lub0

Settler
Jan 14, 2009
East midlands
haha just finished part five and it showed underwater footage of the wreck with the letter "M P" engraved text to the riveted TITANIC name. Seems the Titanic really was the Olympic afterall!

Biker

Biker, are you honestly saying you think the Moon landings were faked? :(

Last year my brother was banging on about it and I laughed in his face. Now my brother is a gentle soul and had a sort of sheltered upbringing but "C'mon how or why would they fake something that big?!!" Then I watched a lot of informative footage on youtube and read some articles online. (Be warned there's a LOT of crap out there too)

What made me question the official word was this bit of footage, then I dug a bit deeper. including the Van Allen belt, radiation shielding on the rockets and Lunar module and Command vehicle, Saturn 5 engines compared to the Space Shuttles etc. Make up your own mind

Pretty breezy for the vacuum of space and where are the stars?

[video=youtube;m2RhUzTzAcs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2RhUzTzAcs&feature=re lated[/video]

Make up your own mind, use Occam's razor

Last edited:

outdoorpaddy

Nomad
Mar 21, 2011
Northern Ireland
Sounds like a steaming pile of bullc**p to me. There is no way you can bribe, threaten or fool the 10s of thousands of men who worked on the Titanic and Olympic. I did work experience at H&W in the drawing offices and I know the amount of work that goes into the structure of a ship, the engineers who designed the titanic and the Olympic would certainly be able to differentiate between the two, no matter how small the differences are, so why wouldn't they have said anything? Ridiculous. Also, I love the way they have plenty of historians and academics who can back up the 'facts' portrayed on this program, seems legit...
I think some people need to calm down about with conspiracy theories and trust 'the system' a bit more, it ain't all that bad

paddy

Urban X

Nomad
Apr 6, 2012
Thanet, Kent
A simple animated explanation of HOW the private Federal Reserve works and WHY it must be stopped HERE

The Titanic a fake, nah.

Moon landings, could well have been at the time.

US Fed Reserve, hell yeah!

Si

Huon

Native
May 12, 2004
Spain
+1 Phil Plait is badass!

Agreed. I hadn't seen the Michael Shermer refutations before but they are extremely good.

No disrespect to those who prefer the conspiracy theories but I've always wondered why such complex conspiracies seem more likely than an actual landing. The number of people that would have had to be involved in the hoax would have been enormous. Something would have leaked almost immediately.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE