''Ishi'', the last Yahi, good documentary.

• Hey Guest, We're having our annual Winter Moot and we'd love you to come. PLEASE LOOK HERE to secure your place and get more information.
    For forum threads CLICK HERE

Joonsy

Native
Jul 24, 2008
UK
the award winning documentary of ''Ishi'', the last Yahi. Interesting viewing, from living in hiding as the last survivors of his tribe, to becoming a living museum piece as the last Yahi alive, hunting with Saxton Pope etc etc.

[video=youtube;0ZB9oKQaCN4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZB9oKQaCN4[/video]

oldtimer

Sep 27, 2005
Oxfordshire and Pyrenees-Orientales, France
......and what did he consider to be "civilisation's" greatest achievement? - Matches! I remember this every time I use them.

I've come across many references to him and know his story, but I didn't know about the documentary. I look forward to watching it later, so thanks for posting.

Joonsy

Native
Jul 24, 2008
UK
Yes!!! Nice one Joonsy ! 

Thanks for sharing that bud . Excellent link

Thanks Leshy your welcome, glad you like :)

If you get an opportunity read the book, brilliant!

Thanks for tip Damascus, not read the book yet but will :)

......and what did he consider to be "civilisation's" greatest achievement? - Matches! I remember this every time I use them.

I've come across many references to him and know his story, but I didn't know about the documentary. I look forward to watching it later, so thanks for posting.

Thanks Oldtimer your welcome, hope you enjoy :)

Hultafors Outdoor knife for Sale

We have a a number of Hultafors Outdoor Knives with Firesteels for sale.

You can see more details here in this thread OUTDOOR KNIVES The price is £27 posted to the UK. Pay via the paypal button below.