Hudson Bay fire starter kits

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

craeg

Native
May 11, 2008
New Marske, North Yorkshire
I may go ahead and sort out a group buy of Hudson Bay fire starter kits if there is enough interest on here and I need 10 orders for it.

This price including delivery would be about £42 from the USA but please add Paypal 4.3% fee.

c5982081608d60c3288eedd046d8f7e8.jpg

I will also make a leather pouch to carry it in.

Anyway let me know and if we get the numbers I will go ahead with it.

ATB
Craeg

Last edited:

craeg

Native
May 11, 2008
As corso has pointed out they are available from the shop in his link for £55.95 plus £5.95 P&P but I thought I would offer a small group discount which seems by my reckoning to save you about £20.

Last edited:

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
As corso has pointed out they are available from the shop in his link for £55.95 plus £5.95 P&P but I thought I would offer a small group discount which seems by my reckoning to save you about £20.

Their price is £45.95 plus postage - the £56 version includes an additional leather pouch

Thought I was offering you a viable alternative not trying to scupper your deal

I'll butt out except to say they are lovely kits and well worth Craeg's price

Monikieman

Jun 17, 2013
Monikie, Angus
After a great deal of internet searching for one, I managed to find a brass one in the UK for £39 but postage was on top.

That'll work out dearer than Craeg's but he's also adding in a leather pouch so all in it's a great deal.

Wish this deal had been on earlier.

Cheers.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
It's a good deal Graeg, I finally got one for Christmas this year after coveting them after giving them as gifts a couple of years back. Got a copper one and I've been holding onto it since Christmas like a long lost childhood teddy bear. As well as being excellent quality and functional they are just so darn aesthetically pleasing. Is now one of my most prized things.

What does your pouch look like?

almac

Forager
Oct 13, 2010
Okanagan, BC CANADA
are they really worth it?
I mean, I can just reuse a small tin for tinder and buy a cheap 4x magnifying glass for a few $$.
as much as I like these kits; IMO i'll spend my money elsewhere. :)

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
I mean, I can just reuse a small tin for tinder and buy a cheap 4x magnifying glass for a few $$.

I like mine from a historical artistic viewpoint. It's like any thing/toy, it's the value we put on it! Is a RM's Wooodlore clone worth £400, is a car worth £such and such, is somethings life more than another - ? But it pays that cost so we can eat meat! I love mine it was a present so have the added value of that, just as those I've given have that value to the recipients and to me as it's something nice I want ed to give. Only you can answer that. Though they are very well made and lovey to look at.

craeg

Native
May 11, 2008
Remember almac, this thread is a group buy offer and not a thread to debate whether or not something is worth something or other.

Nobody is forcing you to spend your cash but lots of people in this forum spend lots of money on items like woody knives and Duluth packs when a cheap mora or millet's own rucksack will do!

That is 3 boxes so far then.

The design of the pouch will be decided when I get my box. Maybe drawstring or maybe stud or maybe Sam Browne.

ATB
Craeg

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51

You were hardly likely to buy from this group buy anyway being in Canada so personally I'm struggling to see the point you are making. Beauty and value are in the eye and wallet of the beholder and all that. Canadian currency is as useful as A$$ gas here anyway! :rolleyes:

It is lucky I don't have spare money at the moment, I don't know what purpose they serve but they are shiny so I want one. Do they do them in Titanium? :p

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE