Finland 2015 sub zero

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Red Fox

Dec 31, 2012
Cheshire
As a lot of you will know we do a trip now evry year , and we will keep this going as long as ther are folk that whant to be part of the true world {the world of the arctic}the folk on this bushcraft forum are people who beleave in the truth and thats why i say this, if you whant to come on a trip and you are willing to work hard and beleave in team work then it can be possible, Remember only you can make this happen. I hope that this will inspire you to beleave.Thanks all of you that have inspired me and shared ther knowledge of the arctic :) ... lets keep on doing what we were ment to do and live the dream the dream of the real.THE TEAM SO FAR IS MAD DAVE ,RED FOX,DAVE BROMLEY,MAT.

I am seriously interested in this trip. I am willing to work very hard for the team, and have some years of deep cold experience (including several winter trips in Northern Finland). This looks like a great crew already.

:)

Red Fox

Dec 31, 2012
Cheshire
That sounds good to me susannewilliams :) ... when we get the dates for are flights we will pm you,Do you have a buddey from the alps that you can team up with for the trip i think that it will be best for you to have a team mate to travel with. If you can not meet us on the day we land in finland you will not have to trek out to base camp alone,I am just thinking if your flights and are flights dont match up you will not be on your own as you know its easy to get lost in the forest and two heads are better than one.Hopefully we will all land on the same day:) ... Will you hot tent?or cold camp?and have you got a pulk of tobogan?:) ...

Red Fox

Dec 31, 2012
Cheshire
I could be interested in this but the only window of opportunity for me would be half term around 14th - 22nd of February.
Oh no we can only go in jan,sory wayland,Dave W is having a baby and we have to go then and it will be colder in jan,as you know last trip was warm in february only miners 10 at night not like the miners 38 we had.Maby next one we all plan more and work it out :) ... PS pm me about the other camp i will come down if i can.

DUCky

Nomad
Aug 17, 2004
Utrecht, The Netherlands
I am hoping to go out this january and venture into the Arctic. Maximum duration for me is about a week.
Key wish for me would be an area where we can really do a spot of bushcrafting and possibly trekking (snow shoes or ski's and polka/tobogan) and not just camp. Open for suggestions and will join in a prayer for propper cold.

Kind regards,

Lennart

Red Fox

Dec 31, 2012
Cheshire
I am hoping to go out this january and venture into the Arctic. Maximum duration for me is about a week.
Key wish for me would be an area where we can really do a spot of bushcrafting and possibly trekking (snow shoes or ski's and polka/tobogan) and not just camp. Open for suggestions and will join in a prayer for propper cold.

Kind regards, Lennart it will be great if you can come out in jan :) ... we only go for a week and we whant to ice fish and do lots of bushcraft and trekking it will be fun,and it will be good to have you on the team and chatch up with a old friend.

Red Fox

Dec 31, 2012
Cheshire
What would a recommended kit list be for this trip?
its hard to say for each individual, and there are lots of differents ways to go for example, will you be cold camping or will you be in a hot tent, also will you be using a toboggon, or a pulk. Im sure you will have your own variation of kit. Do you wear modern snythetic type clothing or are you more wool and canvas, as u know the ability to dry your kit is a must. So if you are not hot tenting you will need back up boot liners, gloves etc. Im not saying you dont know this i am just saying this for the benefit of the forum. When i have a bit more time i will post up my kit list, but remember every kit list will be different to each person. Im sure there will be lists on this part of the forum for arctic kit. Hope this has been helpfull to you and if others can add to this it will be great :) ...

That sounds good to me susannewilliams :) ... when we get the dates for are flights we will pm you,Do you have a buddey from the alps that you can team up with for the trip i think that it will be best for you to have a team mate to travel with. If you can not meet us on the day we land in finland you will not have to trek out to base camp alone,I am just thinking if your flights and are flights dont match up you will not be on your own as you know its easy to get lost in the forest and two heads are better than one.Hopefully we will all land on the same day:) ... Will you hot tent?or cold camp?and have you got a pulk of tobogan?:) ...

Hey, I would work on bringing my buddy from the Alps.

I normally take a hot tent. Pulk or tobogan depends on where we are what conditions and so on. Mountains or not and so on...

Do you guys usually do point-to-point from the base camp or rather day-trips or overnighters from the base camp?

You guys do hot tent or cold?

Very exciting...

(If I can't get my buddy to come, then I will to see to it that I make the flights. I would tend to come early and wait for you. Clearly strongly preferable not to trek out on my own...)

Red Fox

Dec 31, 2012
Cheshire
Hey, I would work on bringing my buddy from the Alps.

I normally take a hot tent. Pulk or tobogan depends on where we are what conditions and so on. Mountains or not and so on...

Do you guys usually do point-to-point from the base camp or rather day-trips or overnighters from the base camp?

You guys do hot tent or cold?

Very exciting...

(If I can't get my buddy to come, then I will to see to it that I make the flights. I would tend to come early and wait for you. Clearly strongly preferable not to trek out on my own...)
Hi we hot tent and cold camp we normaly have a base camp and do day trips. We use tobogons as its mostly flat ,after we meet and set up camp we can all do lots of things like shelters, treking, fishing and so on. I personally would like a base camp for team safety, but if people want to make snow graves/ and sleep in them and do over night trips thats cool, as we will have a good back up camp and be not to far from help. We use the base camp as a kind of halfway house,I will post up the dates next week as soon as its confirned,hope this has help :) ...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE