Finland 2015 sub zero

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Red Fox

Dec 31, 2012
Cheshire
Looks like a fantastic trip you have planned there folks .
Looking forward to the trip report .
I hope you get out on a trip soon Twodogs maby ther will be a trip we all get to go on,I hope so:) ... It looks like ther will be more sub zeros this year and next trip ther will be more maby,We will do a good trip report my friend and thanks for all the help with all your posts :) ...

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
Hi all, sorry to jump into the thread but I have some questions, if that's ok. I would love to make the 2016 trip all being well. Without going into the obvious what would a kit list comprise of for the transport of kit and person. i.e skis, snow shoes etc, also, what does the transport of kit cost in airport duties, do you take all / most food stuffs and fuel with you or purchase that side, very intrigued.

Also what does a person have to do to earn a sub zero signature icon.

Thanks for any and all answers ( well the civil ones ) :D

Red Fox

Dec 31, 2012
Cheshire
Hi all, sorry to jump into the thread but I have some questions, if that's ok. I would love to make the 2016 trip all being well. Without going into the obvious what would a kit list comprise of for the transport of kit and person. i.e skis, snow shoes etc, also, what does the transport of kit cost in airport duties, do you take all / most food stuffs and fuel with you or purchase that side, very intrigued.

Also what does a person have to do to earn a sub zero signature icon.

Thanks for any and all answers ( well the civil ones ) :D
For now have a look at this http://www.ice-raven.co.uk/:) ... I will try and post up a list for you but if you have a look at this for now http://wintertrekking.com/equipment/ it will keep you happy as far as cost go its about 380 to fly out and back with kit,but you will need to make a tobogon to go in your bag if treking out.But we may be going to jokmok agen and ther is talk about cabins

Last edited:

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
Thanks for the links, I'll have a good look at them, been looking at the others in the sub zero section re clothing etc, thanks for the reply.

Martti

Mar 12, 2011
Finland
Yesterday was the coldest day in Finland during the winter of 2014-2015, when -39.6 C was recorded at Utsjoki. Kittilä currently hovers around -35 C, but is about to warm up to -10 C during the week.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE