dry cure pork / Boczek

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

BushTucker

Settler
Feb 3, 2007
Weymouth
Hi all

I would like to make my own Boczek, I am aware it is basicaly dry cured/ smoked bacon but does anyone know who to make it, a tutorial would be great if you know of one.

Cheers Bushy

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
Must have a look at that. I think i will be getting into all that meat stuff in the new year: sausages, jerky, pemakin etc,,, I will bookmark that sausage making forum as it looks good. The trouble with this forum is that it gives you too many ideas for projects/toys. I will have to add this to the growing list, right after the cider press...

Matt.S

Native
Mar 26, 2008
Exeter, Devon
I'm not sure if it's the same thing but I've dry-cured pork belly a little while ago. Basically rub a generous amount of salt into it every day and allow it to drain. Should be done in a week. You can add all sorts of seasonings to the salt such as pepper, sugar, bay leaves etc. Adding potassium nitrate apparently keeps it looking pink (otherwise it will turn greyish but taste fine), but I have never tried this.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE