Cornwall RV 2012

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Sainty

Nomad
Jan 19, 2009
St Austell
Good news!!! The Cornwall RV has been confirmed for this year.

Starting at Lunchtime on Friday 6th April and running through to Lunchtime on Monday 9th April.

This is always a great weekend, in 100 acres of woods and a very relaxed atmosphere. Check out the Footsteps website here:

http://footstepsofdiscovery.co.uk/cornwall.php

All of the Cornish contingent will be there and Ashley Cawley from Natural Bushcraft will almost certainly have his banner up so come over, pull up a log and say hello. :)

Martin

Chris the Cat

Jan 29, 2008
Exmoor
I would like to come this year if I may Sainty, it would be nice to meet up with you, Ash and the gang again!
Oh... and you Dave ! Lol!
Chris.

Sainty

Nomad
Jan 19, 2009
St Austell
Ha ha Chris!! You disappeared off the Cornish radar after your last visit to the county!! Where did you get to? Would be great to see you down here again. :)

Martin

Feb 4, 2012
Nr St Ives, Cornwall
As I only live down the road in Penwith and have nothing already planned for this weekend, it would be rude not to pop down and say hello.

The RV could also provide me with an opportunity to see how expert or inept I actually am, bushcraft wise.

It is looking like a win win event for me :D

fergus77

Tenderfoot
Mar 5, 2006
Portreath, Cornwall
Is this thread still active?
Booked and ready to go with my new North West Woodsman tarp tent, wool blanket
and plenty of beverages!!

Looking forward to it :eek:)

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
well, since three people (including me) posting in this thread, I would say it's still active ;)

The RV should be good, I'll be there as usual with my forge and stones. Lets hope the weather behaves itself!

Zingmo

Eardstapa
Jan 4, 2010
S. Staffs
Excuse my ignorance, what does RV stand for? I even checked the FAQs on the website...

Z

Sent from Earth using Tapatalk

Zingmo

Eardstapa
Jan 4, 2010
S. Staffs
Ah! Thanks for that. There's a whole language out there. Looks like it's going to be a good time.

Z

Sent from my phone using the force.

SMARTY

Nomad
May 4, 2005
UAE
www.survivalwisdom.com
its short for rendezvous, it's a forces shortened term, the guys who run footsteps are ex army.

The event was named RV after the meetings of the mountain men in N America. It has nothing to do with military RV's.

Good to see it is still running from small beginings of 12 BCUK members. I am sure it will be a great event.

Basha72

Tenderfoot
Jul 13, 2006
Torbay
Hi Chris,

I'm sure you are aware but just in case the woods have taken a right battering with the larch disease, was a bit of a shock to drive in the gate and to see most of the left hand side of the woods clear felled, hope the chap in felling can keep it at bay.

Other than that the RV. Was busy as ever still the best priced event for what you get

Basha

leon-1

Well guys, having just finished the post RV Admin on my side I would like to say a big thanks to everyone who attended the RV and it was a pleasure to meet a few of you for the first time and the old hands it was very good to see you again.

Chris it had been rumoured that you may be down this year, a shame you weren't there, hopefully see you sometime in the future, all the best,

Leon :)

Bucephalas

Jan 19, 2012
Chepstow, Wales
The larch did indeed take a battering, but there was no shortage of firewood!

I enjoyed my brief stay and will return. I've put up just a few pics and some video on my blog (newbie still learning this blogging stuff!).

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Hey Richie, nice blog , thanks for the kind comments , by the way i don't remember there being 2 ferrets in that cage ! bloomin Cornish beer ! revenge will be sweet my friend , thanks for helping make it a great weekend .

Ivan...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE