ray vs bear

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Only one way to sort it out . . . . FIGHT ! ! !

Yay!

DSC05142-1.gif

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
... and another excuse to dig this out...

[video=youtube;wloiFwdBaCU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wloiFwdBaCU[/video]

Oct 24, 2011
I do not think Bears is a Bushcrafter Like Ray. Ray is a Bushcrafter as he go's from civilisation to the wild and stays there as long as he can. Bears on the other hand is a survivalist not a Bushcrafter as he finds himself in the wild and trys to get back to civilsation as quickly as he can ergo a Survivalist. I am not saying one is better than the other.It all depends on what you want To live in a log cabin in the wild are to have Maid service a hot shower and a minibar.

Jonboy83

Forager
Nov 2, 2011
Wales
Bear Grylls is major overkill in my opinion and Ray is informative but his products and courses are way overpriced,
The best guy to listen to on bushcraft would be Mors Kochanski, the guy who Taught Ray mears most of what he knows
but thats just my opinion lol

Tadpole

Nov 12, 2005
Bristol
Lest anyone forget Mors is experienced on his home ground, the arboreal woodland of Northern Canada, he does not profess to teach anything else.
Ray was walking with his girl friend Ffyona Campbell unassisted across half of Africa when Bar-be-que was still in short trousers.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE