Romantic bushcraft?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Highbinder

Jul 11, 2010
Under a tree
Hear me out hear me out..

Anyone used their superoutdoorsskills to woe their woman? I'd love to hear the stories LOL

I'm trying to resist the idea of a bushy picnic on the shores of Loch Katrine.. it is January after all...

Trev

Nomad
Mar 4, 2010
Northwich Cheshire
Heyho ,
Hardly superskills , but finding places with great views/good vibes where the chance of being interrupted/overlooked is at a supreme minimum is the closest I've come to romantic bushcraft .
Hmm maybe that aldi fondue set will find it's niche ;)
Cheers , Trev .

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Paddling on a flat and empty autumnal Loch Lomond a couple of years was a pretty nice day with SWMBO. Even the wallabies came out to say hello as we sat on the beach with a bbq and a bottle of wine :)

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
It was only after demonstrating how I tickle trout (without the trout), that I saw my lesssthanbetterhalfs eyebrows raise and smile creases form in the corner of her mouth.

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
my girlfriend used to throw javelin at county level until a torn ligament forced her to stop, as you can imagine she was quite upset by this. the first time we ever went camping together i made her an atlatl and dart, showed her how to use it and then left her to play with it whilst i cooked steak on a flat rock over the fire and some potatoes in the embers. i'm not sure she was particularly wooed but she does still tell people all about her amazing boyfriend and the day he made her an atlatl and steak-on-a-rock, so i guess i did something right

stuart

shaggystu

Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
It was only after demonstrating how I tickle trout (without the trout), that I saw my lesssthanbetterhalfs eyebrows raise and smile creases form in the corner of her mouth.

you're a very bad man jonathan, i like your style

Melonfish

Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
I met Debs while I was running a Medieval Field Kitchen, She seemed impressed by my honey mustard pork.

So were 100 or so assorted medieval household troops.

later on they talked over a mead or two and the rest is living history :D

.... i'll get me coat...

Wayland

Hárbarðr
later on they talked over a mead or two and the rest is living history :D

.... i'll get me coat...

groooansmileyf.gif

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
Say the word Gary and I'll ban him..
;)

I took Katy for a picnic in Tentsmuir forest and made bacon rolls with a hobo stove.

Melonfish

Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK

Say the word Gary and I'll ban him..
;)

I took Katy for a picnic in Tentsmuir forest and made bacon rolls with a hobo stove.

LOL couldn't resist.
i honestly don't think my missus would EVER see the outdoors as romantic except perhaps the views, i'm trying to get her round to it mind, bacon rolls with a hobo stove is a cracking idea ;)

durulz

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 9, 2008
Elsewhere
When you said Romantic (as opposed to romantic) I was thinking Byron and Shelley swanning around the Lake District in baggy shirts trying to get laid.

locum76

Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston

I bet there was a grim twinkle in her eye too.

Knightfisher8

Forager
Nov 17, 2010
Scotland
I'd love to be able to right a story here about my romantic times in th bush .... but Ihave no experience ... she wont do it -- her quote - "I am not going , no ... i just am not going end of"

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE