Greetings from Northwestern Alberta, Canada!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
D

Dad

Good day to you all!

My name is Kurt, I'm 38 years old, and I live in the Peace Country of Alberta, Canada. I'm the proud father of 2 boys and husband of the loveliest woman you could hope to meet! I am an avid wilderness survival/bushcraft nut and get out of my little farm town to the Boreal and Mountain Forests of Alberta as often as I can!

I have a 28 year history of enjoying the wild places, growing up on 40 acres of rolling forest in central British Columbia, Canada, serving in the Canadian Forces (infantryman and naval radio operator) and as a Wildland Firefighter, Forest Officer, Senior Investigator and now Resource Management Advisor. I hunt, hike, explore, photograph, practice wilderness survival and enjoy the wild places.

I was recommended to this site through friends at Ron and Karen Hood's "Hoodlums" forum in the USA (www.survival.com) and am happy to be here!

Thanks again!

Kurt.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Welcome to the forum Kurt... pull up a log and join us round the virtual campfire :) Sounds like you're already in bushcrafting heaven :D

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
Good day to you all!

My name is Kurt, I'm 38 years old, and I live in the Peace Country of Alberta, Canada. I'm the proud father of 2 boys and husband of the loveliest woman you could hope to meet! I am an avid wilderness survival/bushcraft nut and get out of my little farm town to the Boreal and Mountain Forests of Alberta as often as I can!

I have a 28 year history of enjoying the wild places, growing up on 40 acres of rolling forest in central British Columbia, Canada, serving in the Canadian Forces (infantryman and naval radio operator) and as a Wildland Firefighter, Forest Officer, Senior Investigator and now Resource Management Advisor. I hunt, hike, explore, photograph, practice wilderness survival and enjoy the wild places.

I was recommended to this site through friends at Ron and Karen Hood's "Hoodlums" forum in the USA (www.survival.com) and am happy to be here!

Thanks again!

Kurt.

:lmao: No chance!! I already have the loveliest woman you could hope to meet! ;)
Good to have you here on BCUK Dad. Looking forward to your posts, hopefully included with lots of pictures of your lovely country.

Make yourself comfortable, and if there are any questions - let us know!

All the best,

Johan

stevesteve

Nomad
Dec 11, 2006
UK
Oooohhhhh Alberta. Three happy months spent working in the Rockies. What a fabulous place you live in!

Welcome Kurt.

Cheers,
Steve

Grey Owl

Tenderfoot
Nov 26, 2006
Canada
voyagetothebay.cauc.ca
Greetings to you in the North. Good to know that another transplanted BC boy has made his way onto the forum. Me, I grew up in the Kootenays and after wandering the world settled in central Alberta. Perhaps one day, we should organize to get together with some of the other folks that lurk the forum. A little Canadian Moot, so to speak.

Looking forward to getting to know you.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE