Bruce Parry Tribe 2

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Moonraker

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 20, 2004
Dorset & France
Just a reminder for Tribe 2 this evening! One of the few advantages of not attending the bushmoot :rolleyes:
Tribe

9:00pm - 10:00pm

BBC2 London & South East

3/3 - Dassanech

What a thrilling series this is. Bruce Parry is staking a claim to join the line of great TV travellers that stretches from Whicker to Palin, except that he gets closer to the heart of the cultures he visits than any of them. This week he winds up his Ethiopian journey by Lake Turkana with the Dassanech people, who are traditionally cattle herders, but in a parched land rely increasingly on what they can catch in the lake. As Parry arrives, he's welcomed by one of the tribeswomen with a lovely greeting: "Peace to the country you come from," she says. "May God grant you what you're looking for." If what he's looking for is a great programme, he gets it, with some amazing sequences of harpoon fishermen hunting crocodiles by moonlight. But the serious issues - female circumcision, drought - aren't shrugged off, either. Tribe returns for a third series next year.
source: radiotimes.com

Unfortunately the last of the (all too brief) series but more to come. See my earlier post.

J

Jamie

just to let you all know that although last night was the last of the current tribe series, they are currently in the south pacific filming right now so shouldnt be too long before we see him again (apart from his ,mushing to the pole next sunday)

Moonraker

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 20, 2004
Dorset & France
I thought this last one with the Dassanech was the best by a long way. The crocodile hunting was really exciting and reflected a true adaptability in the face of worsening droughts, using techniques that had been practised for thousands of years. The humour and pathos of the people was really touching.

If you missed any of the this series programmes you can view them online until August 2nd on the BBC web site:

BBC - Tribe

Not sure this is available outside the UK as I can't view them at the moment.

Just to confirm what Jamie says and I posted earlier, Tribe 3 will be out in 2007:
Tribe III

The filming of Tribe III starts in 2006 and will be another six hour long episodes seeing Bruce live with indigenous peoples from around the world.

Still in production, Tribe III will transmit some time in 2007
source: http://www.endeavourproductions.com...on=47&page=1289

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE