Kids kit......advice and help required please.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jun 22, 2011
Wales
Mine are 2, 4, 6 & 8. They're already very keen on spending a night out in hammocks (well, the older ones are... !). Got a couple of DD scout hammocks on order ready for a night in the woods this summer. Will have to start putting some kits together along these lines (might hold off on the lighter and the knife for another couple of years though)!! Can't wait!!

Cade

Life Member
Apr 27, 2012
Bristol
Report: the kids love their kits and we spend 5-6 days hanging this summer in their hammocks, they love getting out and using all the items in their kits, I don't think a weekend goes by that they don't ask to whittle something or another.

Next year we are going to the bushmoot so that should be a great experience for the kids as they will be able to live in their hammocks for the whole time.

Cade

Jack Bounder

Nomad
Dec 7, 2014
Dorset
I'm doing something similar for my kids.....though not quite so extensive. I do have a couple of ideas though...

We use these when we're out in the forest. http://www.amazon.co.uk/PMR446-Walkie-Talkie-Charger-Batteries/dp/B001BP4N9C/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1418516586&sr=8-1&keywords=cobra+mt975+walkie+talkie The kids love them and have one each.

I've also ordered them one of these each to go with their survival kit. http://www.amazon.co.uk/SAS-Survival-Guide-survive-Collins/dp/0007320817/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1418516755&sr=8-1&keywords=sas+survival+handbook+gem

Mandos

Nomad
Jan 23, 2013
Downham market
not everybody likes them or see's the point for them in the uk but a cheap survival blanket is an idea for the nights they get really cold just a suggestion nice and cheap of the bay

Swallow

Native
May 27, 2011
London

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE