Do You Bushcraft With Your Dog?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Do you have a dog with you, bushcrafting?

• Total voters

leantoo

Need to contact Admin...
Jan 17, 2008
jedadiah,lovely chocs u have..great dogs, lovely photo, please excuse my computer skills as they suck,

Philbert

Tenderfoot
Jun 11, 2004
Northern Ireland
I voted yes, well as much as possible.

He is a border collie so is built for long walks in the hills and is relatively good when he has to sleep in a tent. he has a brilliant nature and doesnt even chase sheep!

I wouldnt be without him.

Jedadiah

Native
Jan 29, 2007
Northern Doghouse
jedadiah,lovely chocs u have..great dogs, lovely photo, please excuse my computer skills as they suck,

Cheers fella. Everyone seem's to love their dog's, but it's nice when someone else say's nice things!:D Handsome, fit, intelligent and affectionate, i wouldn't be without them.

craven

Forager
Jan 13, 2008
devon
i take my dog cass with me everywhere i go, i'm a dog trainer so it kinda fits, if the dog aint allowed i don't go! couple of years back we did a sponsered walk for the blue cross along the two moors way in devon, accross dartmoor and exmoor, she's a collie so took it in her stride, 120 miles, she did more like 350 tho as she's always in and out of everything! couldn't imagine being out in the wilds without her keen senses letting me know whats about!!

TomH

Tenderfoot
Apr 8, 2013
South Derbyshire
Wow, old thread.
I'll put in my two pence worth anyway.
I don't take my four year old Springer because he's just too mental when he's out and I have regularly walked him into the ground before because he does about three miles to my one and all at a frantic pace. So its usually quick half hour on the park for him and then the rest of the day following my nose for me.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Used to take the mutt everywhere and he was very well behaved on the hill and around camp, passed away just over a year ago and I miss him very much. So had to vote "Other."

ammo

Settler
Sep 7, 2013
by the beach
If your dog gives you notice, or time to prepare. Then that is protection, at the least your protected from the element of surprise. And yeah, bushcrafting is so much better with the dog.

Lister

Settler
Apr 3, 2012
Runcorn, Cheshire
Quite often I'll take my hammock out when walking the dogs (3 jacks, 6 if i'm taking the mother-in-laws), pitch my hammock and just lay there while they amuse themselves. I do tend to take at least 1 on an overnighter, as to which one, depends who bugs me the most to come along.

Niels

Mar 28, 2011
Netherlands
Often take mine, but if I can't watch him I'll leave him because he's mischievous.
I've also done a longer camp with him he did well sleeping in a tent but he didn't seem like the temperature.

9InchNinja

Settler
Feb 9, 2012
PE1
Winston doesn't mind a spot of bushcrafting. He's fine in a tent, not too bad under a tarp, but I tend to attach his lead then tie it to me, just in case he spots something in the night and chases after it. Although, he's a big rotty, so I should probably work out a way of attaching him to something that he's unable to drag through the forest, instead of me.
1st time we went camping I took the tent, woke up to the dog spooning me. Bit scary, but he did keep me warm.

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
Got my 5 mth old choc lab started,well his first night away was at a bothy, i'll keep him in a tent this weekend.

Riven

Dec 23, 2006
England
My Border Collie is never left behind. Not much point in having a dog otherwise. They enjoy the outdoors too.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE