Zebra billys

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

pumbaa

Settler
Jan 28, 2005
dorset
Found a shop in town today that does Zebra billys .
Picked up a 14 CM one for £15.99 , Is this expensive ?
Also they come with plastic lid lock tabs on them (was told its the new design). Has anyone seen these and are they the same ? I figured if the plastic doesn't hold up to the heat on a fire then i can snap them off easy enough .
Cheers
Pumbaa

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
Also they come with plastic lid lock tabs on them (was told its the new design). Has anyone seen these and are they the same ? I figured if the plastic doesn't hold up to the heat on a fire then i can snap them off easy enough .
Nope, never seen one with plastic bits.... do you have a pic? I doubt they are desgned to take the heat of a fire so you may be better off snaping them like you said. Remember in Thailand where they are made, the zebra (billy) can is marketed as an ice bucket and are commonly used for lunch boxes.... they have not been designed to be put onto fires..... there are just very good for it ;)

:D
Ed

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE