Zebra billy.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Chrisj

Nomad
Oct 14, 2009
Gwynedd
I'm looking for a pot that I can put my Coleman Unleaded stove inside. I think that it should just fit inside a 14cm zebra billy but I can't find any info on the height of this pot.
So...those of you that use the zebra billy what height are they?

Or does anyone have any other suggestions? I need something minimum 14cm diameter and minimum 15.5cm high.

Cheers

Chris

Chrisj

Nomad
Oct 14, 2009
Gwynedd
That was quick. Thanks for that. Unfortunately that makes it a bit too small. The search goes on. I wonder if that means that the 16cm zebra is 16cm tall? That might work if I pack a brew kit in as well to stop the stove rattling about inside.

Chrisj

Nomad
Oct 14, 2009
Gwynedd
Thanks for that. Looks like it's going to be a 16cm zebra billy then unless anyone else has any other brainwaves.

Harley

Forager
Mar 15, 2010
London
Great if you want unleaded leaking into your cookset!

Speaking of which, I ordered fish at a Louisiana restaurant over the weekend, they asked if I wanted leaded or unleaded!

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales

Speaking of which, I ordered fish at a Louisiana restaurant over the weekend, they asked if I wanted leaded or unleaded!

?? Keep your stove maintained and you won't have a leak, I never have.

Chrisj

Nomad
Oct 14, 2009
Gwynedd
I had a vague recollection of seeing square billies for these stoves Limaed but have never come across them anywhere. As you say it might be worth contacting coleman.

Harley I see your point regarding the risk of fuel leakage. I have never had any leaks from this stove though (and it does get thrown around in my work van so it has had plenty of chances.) And it is so bulky to pack on a trip with the stove and separate pans. I could maybe get round this problem by putting the stove in a ziplock bag before putting it in the billy to take the brunt of any minor leaks just in case.

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire

I hear they have cars that run on sea water in that area to !.

Rob

Gabe

Forager
Aug 10, 2008
Bridgend, South Wales
Not sure about the tin in the link but the old army peak stoves occassionally came in square (I think) mortar boxes. They were great for getting a big brew or scoff on. Unfortunatly they are like rocking horse feaces now!!

Not sure about the tin in the link but the old army peak stoves occassionally came in square (I think) mortar boxes. They were great for getting a big brew or scoff on. Unfortunatly they are like rocking horse feaces now!!

after looking a the earlier pic its a ex army one i have in the square box dosnt have the attatcments for a handle also got a few spare burner grills etc dont use it now but it was part of my bike kit as i ran of the bike fuel etc

ATB

Duncan

Chrisj

Nomad
Oct 14, 2009
Gwynedd
Thanks for the help folks. The thing I liked about the zebra billy was that it was stainless but at the same time it gives more options having a whole set with the option rik_uk3 suggests. I'll have to mull things over.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE