Your top 3 bushcraft purchases of 2010

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Well I have had a few new toys this year but the top 3 would have to be....

1 - Bernie Garland B&T knife, thanks to John Fenna and luck. I didnt have the cash at the moot but loved the knife so left it but e-mailed John a few weeks later and luckily he still had it. The story goes it was Bernie's main user for a while and John managed to trade it off of him. Good to have a little bit of history behind it. :)

2 - Arktis DanCam Smock. Only had it for less than 2 weeks and I am dead impressed with it.

3 - Swedish Army Trangia

MartiniDave

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
This year only, it is -
1- Mora 510 from Mr Mears
2- Mora Alround from Axminster Powertools
3- Current pattern Army Respirator Haversack, my perfect (for now!) possibles bag.

Dave

durulz

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 9, 2008
Elsewhere
I've not bought a lot of bushy stuff this year, but my three would be:

1/ My Hillbill damascus knife
2/ 14cm Zebra billy
3/ A hide of leather that I used to make umpteen million things for myself and a friend.

Last edited:

Melonfish

Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
My new Karrimor boots, my old army ones gave up the ghost and these are light and comfortable :D
Dan-cam smock, one of the best jackets i have ever owned period.
Snugpak Response pak, oddly its one of those things that allows you to keep the essentials right there with you to stop you rummaging through your pack for them.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Hmmm...

The blade I made my Leuku with,

Waylands_Leuko.jpg

my Snowshoes

Snowshoes-3.jpg

and new in but it could be my German Mountain Pack.

Mountain_Pack-2.jpg

Having said that, I've had a good year so there were a few other things that were close contenders.

Prismatic_Compass_M73.jpg

Stonebridge.jpg
a_Transit_Compass-2.jpg

And I think SantyClaws has a couple of nice bits for me too.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Stainless steel flask, half litre, wide mouthed from B&M £4.49 works pretty much as well as my Thermax one.

Load of plastic boxes to store stoves in when camping and at home, job lot of 25 for £20.

Woodburner for tent/parachute £152.

johnboy

Oct 2, 2003
Hamilton NZ
www.facebook.com
My best 3 purchases for 2010 are:

1. Lowa Desert Elite Boots.
Comfy well built, fast drying, highly breatheable. Whats not to like.

IMG_0354.jpg

2. Camelbak Motherlode Daysack.
A Daysack that has some thought put into it. A multitude of storage pockets and very hard wearing.

IMG_0148.jpg

3. Swazi Narwhal Anorak.

Lightweight, Waterproof, cracking hood design, sensible outer fabric choice. It could only be better if it was a jacket not an over the head anorak. All I need now is more rain...

IMG_0816.jpg

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Jerven bag thermo XL ,
P7250015.jpg

Twodogs , can you tell us a little more about that , I've just worked out the exchange rate and was surprised. Is it like a hight-tech duvet?? I assume you've given it a decent test , how'd it fair??

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE