Your top 3 bushcraft purchases of 2010

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Twodogs

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 16, 2008
West Midland
www.facebook.com

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
My top 3 purchases of 2010

Moot ticket
Basket making tuition at the Moot
Bison Ventile smock (a replacement for one that is getting too shabby to wear to work but which will still have years of wear in the woods!)

"3. Dragon's breath firestarting kit from Mr John Fenna 'I can make fire!'" - I am glad you like it enough to make your top 3 Effzedess!

Pandabean - I hope that you get years of use out of the knife I loved it in principal but it just did not fit my hand - and it seemed a shame to hack it about to fit!

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Jerven bag thermo XL ,
P7250015.jpg

Oops forgot I bought one of these, back to change my post :lmao:

MSkiba

Settler
Aug 11, 2010
North West
Well, I was introduced to this forum in 2010, and I bought :

Axe
Scandi Knife
F1
pants
gaiters
proper boots
kevlar gloves

these are essential for me, and cant belive I didnt buy them sooner.

Woz888

Aug 17, 2010
Downunder
1) Helle Lapplander Knife - most versatile large knife I have had the pleasure of using.
2) Set of 3 GB Axes - Forest, Small Forest & Hatchet, all brilliant, but I find I am using the Small Forest Axe the most.
3) Hmm, dunno about number 3, I'll get back to you on that.

R3XXY

Settler
Jul 24, 2009
Crewe
haven't bought anything in 2010 due to being totally skint all year, best purchases all round have been:

Fiskars 14" hatchet
Highlander Forces 33 backpack
Bahco laplander

well this year i have been a major kit magpie and bought vast amounts.
also with birthday in december and christmas coming up i have gained some more that i influenced but didn't pay out for.
so i'm going to do two top threes if i can be that cheeky
top three purchases
1 SWC ray mears knife-i have already sold two of my collection of knives as this one fits the bill and has negated my need for anymore
2 The Woodlore Fundamental course i bought for lisa and myself and the Campcraft course i paid half of for myself. Superb tution excellent skills learnt and plenty to still develop.
3 karrimor predator 50litre pack and all the pcoket gubbins. a seriously impressive pack that is serving me well even in this weather

presents
1 woodlore osprey sleeping bag, sensational
2 honey stove amazing bit of kit wish i had one at start of year.
3 double edged bill hook. wow

shortyman

Need to contact Admin...
Apr 18, 2010
Lancashire
My top three for this year...

1) Swedish army stove (so cheap, so veratile)
2) all arms Bergen (great canoe bag)
3) zippo from eBay (had a fallout with turbo lighters)

DaveBromley

May 17, 2010
Manchester, England
Mora Clipper
58 Pat Sleeping Bag
58 Pat water bottle

I have had most of my kit gifted to me either by some very kind members (you know who you are......and thanks) here or my other half for xmas and birthdays!

Dave

great white ape

Jan 31, 2011
tring
Hey Folks,

Without a doubt

1) Buffalo mountain shirt - absolutely beasted this already. Cycle 25 miles a day and this thing works. Kept me dry and warm even in the freezing january rain. I wore this baby to the outdoor show and its an amazing piece of kit.

2) Buffalo Superbag - need to take this out for some fun, however heating broke down over christmas for about a week. The house was freezing and the timing was when the big freeze started - Again this kit works - the best bit is..... It British, made in sheffield

3) My ebay Nikon D300 and carbon fibre tripod.

GWA

Partickpebbles

Dec 18, 2010
South Milford
Hey Folks,

Without a doubt

1) Buffalo mountain shirt - absolutely beasted this already. Cycle 25 miles a day and this thing works. Kept me dry and warm even in the freezing january rain. I wore this baby to the outdoor show and its an amazing piece of kit.

2) Buffalo Superbag - need to take this out for some fun, however heating broke down over christmas for about a week. The house was freezing and the timing was when the big freeze started - Again this kit works - the best bit is..... It British, made in sheffield

3) My ebay Nikon D300 and carbon fibre tripod.

GWA

Cracking choice of Camera!!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE