Your picture of the day...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tank

Aug 10, 2009
Witney, Oxfordshire
I went for a job interview up near Derby, sadly the job went to someone else but my girlfriend family used to live not far so went around a few of the places she spent a lot of her childhood

IMAG0334_BURST002.jpg

IMAG0337_BURST002.jpg

IMAG0338_BURST002.jpg

IMAG0343_BURST002.jpg

IMAG0351-1.jpg

IMAG0340_BURST002-1-1.jpg

IMAG0332_BURST002.jpg

S.C.M.

Nomad
Jul 4, 2012
Algarve, Portugal
We had a wander today, and came across these very inquisitive, south american camels. [Alpaca]
Not far from us, someone keeps 5 or 6 in his garden, of about an acre. [Surrounded by fields]
They have a sign up, in the garden, selling the alpaca wool. You can get very close to them. They have very dense wool, big heads, large eyes, and teeth which stick straight out. Goofy looking. Great really.

View attachment 14242

alpacas are wonderful beasties...it's really sad that my mum's ones have been dying off from bad luck (poisonous plants, one to dogs:cussing:) and old age. we now only have three females:(
and as for "goofy looking" have you seen a recently clipped sheep?. those 'pacas look to have been recently clipped

Amon81

Nomad
Mar 9, 2009
Birmingham
I went to my local park to test out some new boots.

I took my camera with me, I only kept about 12 photos, I'd say these were the best.

Where I parked my car was a bit misty, it was about 14:30 and the sun was going down.

But by one of the few lakes it was nice and clear.

I only saw 4 ducks, 3 geese and 1 squirrel in just over an hour.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
I like that picture L.E.A.F goodjob

Guys and girls, i've just spent a while going through the pics in here and they're great, I think this is a great thread, inspirational, I've got to take more pics :D

Niels

Mar 28, 2011
Netherlands
We went to an archery match today and managed to snap some interesting pics.

This one of beaver chewings on a tree, something I had never seen before in real life:

Bevervraat by Sami knives, on Flickr

This shot was took by my mate. It is now my wallpaper:

bureaubladacthergrond by Sami knives, on Flickr

There were a lot of beaver signs, feces, and this beaver track leading to the water:

P1000239 by Sami knives, on Flickr

We stopped around dusk on the way back to look at this herd of wild red deer:

P1000257 by Sami knives, on Flickr

There were female red deer as far as the eye could see, also one or two foxes were spotted.

Elines

Oct 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Ok - this is about as far from bushcrafty as you can get and it is only loosely based on an actual photograph but here is my take on a Mondrian. If you haven't heard of him he was a Dutch abstract artist who is best known for his work using black lines and red/yellow/blue/white rectangles and squares. His paintings sell for serious money. For example in 2009 one of his was priced at between $30m and $40m. More details at:

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=newsarchive&sid=aAKuRj3mopQ8

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piet_Mondrian

I am open to offers for this one....... or commissions .....

3b Single yell sq %2B3 lines whited.JPG

PS I call it "Sun over an open landscape":):lmao:

Last edited:

welchyd1

Jan 4, 2011
Wirral, Merseyside
Spent a few hours wandering round Alderley Edge even convinced the Mrs to have a go of the honey stove and soup instead of packing sandwiches. She really enjoyed it!

20130105_131643.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE