Your First Pieces

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Was looking through my old leatherwork photos and came across some of my first pieces and looking back on them compared to what I have made now seems be like "I made that?!" and I still have them, not necessarily use them.

So I thought I would start this thread for showing off our first pieces of any craft compared to our latest? Can be anything from knives to spoons.

Maybe its me being sentimental but I like to keep these things. :eek:

So here goes:

My First spoons, the large on one the left was my first. Stopped because of a massive knot on the underside, still have this one out in the shed somewhere.

IMG_7874.jpg

My first proper leather pieces, I had made a small D shaped pouch years before but I cannot seem to find it now.

IMG_7925small.jpg

My first and only knife that I made from scratch, well using and old file and treating it in a home made forge. Not very sharp by any means.

nuphoria

Jul 11, 2009
Midlands
OK, I have a couple of pics from stuff I made with the green crafts folks last summer at the Electric Picnic. I was crewing for a blacksmith friend and so made this pot hook as my first attempt:

3906122169_5c9e7430ac_z.jpg

I then made friends with the boys over at a spoon carving tent and managed to make this which I was rather proud of:

3906122159_aca80930d8_z.jpg

You can just about see the crack half way along - did that when locking it too hard in to the shaving horse :(
As I had already spent hours on it they wouldn't let me throw it away and glued it up for me!
I started from a sycamore log using an axe to get the rough section.

dazcon

Nomad
Jan 8, 2010
clydebank
They've been on before, but these are my first knives. Both made at the same time from the same piece of 01 steel.

DSC01216-1-1.jpg

DSC01289.jpg

Dazcon.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE