Your Dreams

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TheViking

Native
Jun 3, 2004
Sorry, if this has been discussed before.

What's your bushcraft dreams?? Living in Alaska with it's beautiful wilderness, Belarus with it's huge forests or Sweden with it's "Allemansret"?

Or even a 4'th place? Tell us. :pack:

Personally I would love to live 100 meters from a huge wilderness area somewhere... In a house made of wood. With a "hunter-room". With hides on the floors, old books on old shelfs, a nice reading chair, stuffed animal heads hanging on the walls and off course a fireplace. Like an old library :eek:): :eek:): :eek:): I'm sure you get the picture. :biggthump

L

Little Mole

I've always wanted to live in a meadow with a fishing river surrounded by fruit and nut trees, Belarus sounds good, I'm not sure I could stand the cold of Alaska. I would live in a tent and care less about the world.

ChrisKavanaugh

Need to contact Admin...
The inherent flaw in wilderness living is us. Once we move in, no matter how diligent we respect nature, it is altered. Now, this is my dream. I win the lottery. I move to one of our many decaying cities and start to buy up abandoned properties. I employ people in need of work to demolish every edifice of civilization. That is phase one. In phase two we replicate as much as possible the original flora and fauna. I'm talking forests filled with grizzley bears next to weed choked, rusting steel mills behind locked gates. I see inner city street gangs halfway through tagging a wall with spraypaint only to see a grizz coming down the alley in 'the gunslinger walk' snarling.I'm talking about wolves scent marking corporate limousines as suits cower behind tinted windows. I'm talking about pushing back for once. :nana:

gillmacca

Forager
Sep 14, 2004
Swindon
Little Mole said:
I've always wanted to live in a meadow with a fishing river surrounded by fruit and nut trees, Belarus sounds good, I'm not sure I could stand the cold of Alaska. I would live in a tent and care less about the world.

How about the Canadian wilderness then

JakeR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
Little Mole said:
I would live in a tent and care less about the world.

I often fantasise about that. If Baby Bush gets into power it would be nice to become a hermit and be completely unaffected by the outside world.

gillmacca

Forager
Sep 14, 2004
Swindon
Jake Rollnick said:
I often fantasise about that. If Baby Bush gets into power it would be nice to become a hermit and be completely unaffected by the outside world.

???????????? What does baby bush have to do with it

JakeR

Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
sorry, perhaps i should've posted that. Wasn't thinking. It was just a dream i once had! Having an excuse for becoming a bushman. Don't know where i would live mind, alaska is too cold, beautiful but too cold. Rainforests, i would be able to stand the constant damp. Suggestions? A nice forest would be good. :wink:

gillmacca

Forager
Sep 14, 2004
Swindon
Jake Rollnick said:
sorry, perhaps i should've posted that. Wasn't thinking. It was just a dream i once had! Having an excuse for becoming a bushman. Don't know where i would live mind, alaska is too cold, beautiful but too cold. Rainforests, i would be able to stand the constant damp. Suggestions? A nice forest would be good. :wink:

I was just trying to work out what you meant, that is all.
Been up since early this morning, so my brain is starting to shut down

gillmacca

Forager
Sep 14, 2004
Swindon
Think that is called freedom of speech (one think Europe hasnt taken from us, yet)
Anyway, my dream is to just take my rucksack and travelling England, Scotland and Wales, and camp (well sleeping bag & bivvy bag) where i want, and eat what i want (picked, hunted, etc) and not have to worry anymore about crime, politics, war, etc

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
.... to move into a house boat and spend my time chugging up and down the canals of the uk..... maybe get some hedge row bushcraft in on the way :biggthump

Ed

JakeR

Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
gillmacca, i like that idea. Perhaps it's something i'll do in my 4-5 year gap in a years time :eek:):

Tantalus

May 10, 2004
Galashiels
Yeah Ed I'm with you

Would rather have a little bigger boat that would be able to sail off to the Med or North Africa for those days that the British climate is just too awful

Nice to be able to tie it up and sleep on an island if the mood took me

Or sleep onboard and drift off to the feel of the waves

Ahhhhhh

Can i win the lottery on Saturday too?

Tant

JakeR

Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
"Well, your chances of winnning are significally improved if you actually play"

I think UK has quite good wild-spots.

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
1st place - to enjoy, lots of quaity time with my girlfriend in the outdoors, not having to worry about getting there, getting my car broken into when it's left in a car park for the weekend or getting back.

2nd place - For Gene Ingram to call tomorrow telling me my knife is ready.

3rd place - For good weather when i'm out and about and terrible weather when I have a camp set up and am ready to relax and watch the rain.

Also, on a completely unrealistic level:

I would like time to stand still for humans and our machines for 500 years and let nature regain a grip on this planet. To have once more verdant forrests, furtile ground with abundant wildlife and once more a successful balance in ecology.

I would also like to be so good at bushcraft that all recognised experts on the subject openly worshiped at my feet, hanging on my every word and being in awe of my supreme talents.

oh well, back to spoon making :wink:

ChrisKavanaugh

Need to contact Admin...
I need to correct some misconceptions about Alaska. It is not some permanent icebox. There are actually 6 very distinct ecosystems; the temperate rainforest panhandle, arctic, subarctic, interior arboreal and even a true desert! In some areas it can get positively HOT during the summer. While daylight is curtailed during the winter, summer is the opposite. the extremes are of course more pronounced the further north you travel. Get a gloce or map and run a latitude from your home in G.B. across to Alaska :wink:

leon-1

I would just like to not have to worry about money and be able to visit Brunie, Kenya, Canada, South Georgia once in a while, indulge in a little tracking and bushcraft whilst I am there. Then return home to good old blighty and continue the motion. :)

Gary

Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
I'd like to own a section of forest, anywhere will do although I am rapidly become a Swede at heart.

Here I would hunt and fish til my heart was content - and I'd set up a trading post and a school to teach Bushcraft.

And as its my dream I would earn enough from the shop to be able to run courses for free!

Oh ya and I would also fence off and inhabit part of my forest with all the native species, wolves, bears, elk the works - so it would need to be a very big forest. Just in case anyone is thinking of giving me a forest! :lol:

Viking

Settler
Oct 1, 2003
Sweden
www.nordicbushcraft.com
I want an old house (red with white corners) in the county småland in sweden, with a piece of land and a lake where I can hunt and fish.
But I also want a small cabin up in the north where I can spend some time during the summer and some in the winter.

Dreams are there to be realised, I have realised many of my dreams and my red house is not far away, just got to convince my girlfriend that living in the city is no good.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE