Your dog's alternative name

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
I took my dog Solo for a walk last weekend, and in the course of it I discovered that Solo is actually a Native American word, meaning "runs into puddles that are deeper than expected"

What's your dog's alternative name? :)

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
My mate calls his working dogs Braindead and Numbnuts, they seem to respond better to that than their proper names

Last edited:

mousey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
One dog would be "sleeps in front of fire"

Second would be "Drinks out of toilet bowl"

and the third would be "Likes to eat cat sh** - and then try to lick your face"

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Sam means... 'Mooch about sniffing everything until a ball is thrown'

Suki means... 'What on earth makes you think I listen to you when you say come?'

cave_dweller

Nomad
Apr 9, 2010
Vale of Glamorgan
We thought 'Nessa' was a Welsh word, meaning 'big lass with an attitude'. Actually it means 'stop-trying-to-eat-the-bloody-wheel-barrow'.

Boxers. Lovely temperament, but seriously thick on occasions.

Rockmonkey

Settler
Jan 12, 2012
uk
I thought "poppy" meant a beautiful flower, it turn out that it means, "throw the ball, throw the ball, for the love of crist, throw the god damn ball".

RM

Everything Mac

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
Todd - chaser of tennis balls. If I stand here long enough you will throw this ball, if not I'll go find a different ball and wait for you to throw that one instead.

All the best
Andy

Gaudette

Aug 24, 2012
Cambs
Ben aka if it exists I'll eat it

Becky aka Steve after Steve Mc Queen. I.E no matter how high you build the fence I'll still get out.

RIP guys I still miss you

--------------------------------------------
"If we had some bacon we could have bacon and eggs, if we had some eggs"

oldtimer

Sep 27, 2005
Oxfordshire and Pyrenees-Orientales, France
Friend of mine had one that always answered to Oi as in," Oi, stop that!"

He also house trained a monkey by smacking it on the backside and dropping it out of the window whenever it crapped on the carpet. In next to no time, the monkey was crapping on the carpet, patting itself on the backside and jumping out of the window.

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
Saxen gets called all sorts, mostly:
numbnuts
stinky bolox
hairynuts
sh'tfer (short for "sh'tfer brains")

Little darling that he is :) He is currently asleep on my pillow (having turfed the duvet off the bed). Wouldn't be so bad if he weren't still wet from our last walk!:rolleyes:

NS40

Nomad
Nov 20, 2011
Scotland
Suzi: I may be nearly 5 years old but dammit I'm still a puppy, I'm cute as hell and I just need to tilt my head that special way and you instantly forget what I just chewed/hid/knocked over/ate.

Roxy: My age is into double figures now and my once glossy black coat is increasingly grey...but I'll still run Suzi into the ground without breaking a sweat and make it look graceful & elegant.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE