Yellowwood.co.uk

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
HI all had a crackin time at yellowwood over the past 2 nights :D

I arrive to meet paul who was a lovely bloke an gave me a quick guide to the place which was beautiful epsecially the pre dug loo n troul aint we posh lol ;) also jerry water cans n wood if needed for your own camp :D

After that it was case of "over there is good for hammocks as there were guys there the other day" so i went to setup. I had a new megikelly hammock to try and only ever being a ground dweller it was a bit of a B&Q moment trying to get it the right height and tight enough :rolleyes: . Hammock all setup so decided for a lean-to kinda shape as the wind awas all one way and it worked great. I also stuck my poncho on the end for luck ;)

The rich and varied wildlife in the woods were a constant companion and source of entertainment including goshawks, rooks, buzards, robbins squirrelsa, other bloody noisy ones and little ones that were up n down strees like sumthin not right and some others trying to escape from proir named birds of prey :borgsmile . This was the case wether i was out wondering around like a mad man on my own or sat around my fire :approve:

The weather was a little hairy as the winds were strong on both the first and second night but on the second the tarp was getting a little like a microlight wing but it and i survived both nights with about 10-12 hours sleep a time :approve:

This was a double first for me, my first hammock and my first time out alone and i loved every minute and put a lot of things to rights. I have had a pretty crap time lately from one thing an another jobs and family and stuff but this has recharged my batteries with a belt cheers again paul yer doin a good job there.

Yellowwood :You_Rock_

Hope you all get out there soon its a wild time of year ;)

will shut up now as im always hijacking this bit, few poor pics from my camphone thing as the battery died...

Camp in a mess a.m.bivy bag on the top oh an doesnt it takes ages to get in an out of a hammock in a bag :eek:

yellowwoodcamp.jpg

Good mornin TV from half asleep in my hammock :D

Viewfromhammockyellowwood.jpg

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
Glad you had a good time out and about on your own..... there is something special about solo trips... I love to get out on my own (and have just got back from a 2 week trip.... though i had to pop home for a day to sort out work:( ). And well done for finding such a lovely spot.

Ed

nigelp

Native
Jul 4, 2006
New Forest
newforestnavigation.co.uk
it was case of "over there is good for hammocks as there were guys there the other day" so i went to setup

Hi Dwardo, we where there just a few weekends ago and it is an excellent place to stay. I had a solo night in the summer and it was nice and relaxing knowing you are allowed there! Solo nights are always special and the wood really comes alive at night, you must have seen a bit more sun than we did!!

Nigel

dwardo

Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
It aint that far matey and nor are the lakes and borders ;)

I cant believe there arent loads of people wanting more info for a place that allows this kind of thing :confused:

I hear lots of people that are after places to go to legitimately and this is it guys !

Apols for the rant but i rekon sometimes you just need to pack a bag and just get out there !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D

dwardo

Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
:D Yeah you can everyone can ! fiver a night, the charge is just to cover the wood you use and the impact on the wood ie proper management.

Go for it PM paul or just give the guy a call he is a very approachable bloke and interested in the same things we are ! Just get out there whats the worst that can happen REALY ? ;) more action less talk ! :cool:

I cant say any more besides it was lovely

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE