YeeeHaaaarr...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

juttle

Nomad
Feb 27, 2012
Devon
Something a bit different from my usual output of leatherwork and the like.

I was approached by a guy that I fish with, who also is involved in western re-enactment of some sort. He was aware that I made sheaths for all my knives, and asked if I fancied trying something different! After all the dodgy innenuendo had died down, he explained what he was after.

This is the result!

belt4.jpg

belt3.jpg

belt2.jpg

belt1.jpg

It's 3mm veg tan, lined with about 1.5mm printed stuff, rubbish for anything useful, but good for linings as it had a nice flesh side, all hand sewn with artificial sinew, and finished with neatsfoot oil and wax.

All the metalwork was supplied, along with the idea, except for a 57p buckle from Le Prevo.

So, what do you think?

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Looks grand - I really like that leather you use, nice tones and texture..............................atb mac

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Interesting...I might need a holster myself soon. Did you need to keep the gun for that? Could it be done from a template?

juttle

Nomad
Feb 27, 2012
Devon
I would imagine that, assuming that you're looking at a similar type of gun as this one, it could be done from my drawings. If its any different, a bit of modification should cover it.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I would imagine that, assuming that you're looking at a similar type of gun as this one, it could be done from my drawings. If its any different, a bit of modification should cover it.

Interesting - thanks - longer barrel I suspect - that looks in the 5 1/2" range - and not left handed! I may well be in touch....just trying to settle on style and calibre at the moment :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE