Yay.. I did it.. second stone set piece of jewellery!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

squishy

Maker Plus
Sep 13, 2011
Doncaster
www.facebook.com
Hi Guys,

I decided to have another go at setting a stone in a piece of my jewellery (I have only done this once before on a ring) and thought I'd share the result as it almost ended up in the bin through frustration at one point!

I decided on a witches cat under the moon :) It took a while to solder it all together in the right place, and setting the stone was quite a challenge as I didn't really have the right size tools for the job and had to improvise.. but I got there in the end and I'm quite happy with it now :) It is made in sterling silver, the stone is a white topaz. Just need to make a chain for it now!

Fitting the border..

y4uqa3a3.jpg

All soldered together..

ra7uvena.jpg

Finished at last :)

enaheny6.jpg

I will have to get a better picture when it has a chain :)

Thanks for looking,

Rachael x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
That looks really cool Rachael, I like it a lot. I've never been much for the jewellery but your stuff appeals greatly.................dangerous times! :)

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
The work just gets better and better, that came together really well, must be tempting not to want to sell your pieces once you've finished them too good to let go.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE