XL Camp Nessy's heavier brother just got back from Boot camp

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
following the 3.5mm Camp nessy i did a while back

I had some 5.2mm 52100 blanks cut at the same time and have only just got round to grinding one up :rolleyes:

i also bought some of the New Multi Cam G10 at the knife show so thought this would be a good blade to try it on :O

3.5mm knife weights in at 386gms the 5.2mm at 477gms

XLboot4.jpg

XLboot2.jpg

XLboot3.jpg

XLboot.jpg

jsut a sheath to do now :O

Oh and the next installment Nessy's Fat uncle in 7.3mm O1 :O:pirate:

ATB

Duncan

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
holy mother of god! tis a beast, though I must say I prefer your original, but that's just from the pics and a brief hold of the original,still very nice though!

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
outstanding, having clothed its smaller brother, this would make an excellent chopper, and a great knife.
tremendous.

woodgrain

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 24, 2010
Gone
What a beauty and in 52100 too! Not keen on the G10 camo scales but as you say, into the nearest phonebooth for a quick change and.......

How do you find the 52100 btw?

Graeme

What a beauty and in 52100 too! Not keen on the G10 camo scales but as you say, into the nearest phonebooth for a quick change and.......

How do you find the 52100 btw?

Graeme

its good stuff I wont be using O1 once my current stock is used up and am looking at bainite Heat treat for it to ;)

oh here is the XL with a subdued blade finish might go for a DLC as proper tough coating in future

XLboot5.jpg

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
I don't like Nessies usually. They are generally made too short/squat for my tastes, but i must say Duncan, those two are really nice. :)

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
I think your moving towards a chest plate rather than a neck knife!, I actually really like it now dude(know it doesn't mean much) but I keep coming back to this thread to have a gander, its the subdued look that's done it for me, VEEEEEEEEEEERY NICE!

I think your moving towards a chest plate rather than a neck knife!, I actually really like it now dude(know it doesn't mean much) but I keep coming back to this thread to have a gander, its the subdued look that's done it for me, VEEEEEEEEEEERY NICE!

yes I really like it it chops really well the added weight helps a lot

the coating as i suspected isn't up to the job BUT ive a 97 rockwell DLC coating in the pipe line that certainly will be in a nice off black grey :)

ATB

Duncan

PS people liking my stuff always means a lot ;)

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
No problem
I think i will be making a few of these now

Good to see you this weekend as a fellow 71 vintage ;)

ATB

Duncan

Yeah yeah. Big one tommorrow for me so gonna treat mi self.

Fancied all three with the dull coating but if there is a problem I'm not sure what to do.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE