Wow titanium firepit

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Nohoval_Turrets

Sep 28, 2004
Ireland
Here's a YouTube video (in Spanish) that will give you a clearer idea of the scale: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UF-NNkIu0Gw

The firebox is just big enough to fit a Trangia alcohol burner. When I first saw this I thought it would be a cool way to barbecue, but at that size I don't think that's really practical. It'll be difficult to keep a burn going long enough, and you need to lift the grill to get more fuel in. It looks like an impractical barbecue, and an odd design for a pot stand.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
:lmao:Hey Rik, get off the fence and tell us whether you like it or not!

Actually, as a portable BBQ, I quite like the design. It offers more cooking options than other portable wood stoves. Like most of these things though, I think they missed a trick in the overall design. The grilling surface needed to be, at least, 2" bigger and they could have incorporate a better alcohol burner windshield/ pot stand combo when the stove is inverted.

And 70 sheets! Sheesh!

I don't like it. I don't like Titanium in camping much though in general. If you can't carry the extra few grammes you should not be out in the woods IMHO. With regard Titanium cooking pots and mugs well you really can't pick a metal less suited for the purpose if you actually cook food; fine if your a boil in the bag camp gourmet I suppose;)

Just my pennies worth :)

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Impressed.... NA not at all..

not quite a fire pit really.. a stove with a grill on top maybe

Some ijeit will buy them...

I don't like it. I don't like Titanium in camping much though in general. If you can't carry the extra few grammes you should not be out in the woods IMHO. With regard Titanium cooking pots and mugs well you really can't pick a metal less suited for the purpose if you actually cook food; fine if your a boil in the bag camp gourmet I suppose;)

Just my pennies worth :)
Agreed! Although I would say it all depends on your activity. Titanium, as a cooking surface is pretty much rubbish for everything except boiling water (although wrapping the base of pots/ pans in aluminium foil can help even up the heat distribution if you're frying, braising or stewing). Stoves, though, are another thing and I think titanium definitely has a place for its qualities of lightness and durability.

Lately I've been changing my activities from sedentary camping to hiking (girlfriends fault!). That, coupled with age, means I'm starting to feel every ounce in my pack. I'm not yet at the stage where I'll buy a titanium toothbrush, saw it in half and then leave it at home - but I am trying to find ways of lightening the load. Products like this are interesting but it's frustrating that so much more could easily have been incorporated into the basic design to make it a more functional, multi-use item.

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
I've recently made one out of mild steel, its obvously the mk1 version, & i'm still looking at it & picking fault with the design, & i've not even lit it up yet !

Rob

Jul 3, 2013
United Kingdom
I don't like Titanium in camping much though in general. If you can't carry the extra few grammes you should not be out in the woods IMHO.

Always makes me chuckle when you see two or three stocky gentlemen in a Dartmoor pub discussing the megabucks lightweight gear they've spent the year enraging their wives by buying; I'm always tempted to suggest that if weight is such an issue for them, a certain amount of thought needs to go into their consumption of meat pies and best bitter.

peaks

Settler
May 16, 2009
Derbys
A possible alternative?? Not cheap either............
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Esbit-Stain...L OOPs = double post - finger trouble, sorry

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE