workshops at the summer bushmoot

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Silverback,
I wont be travelling between Wales and Reading by then (being made redundant), but if theres a way to take up your kind offer, it would be great. I know there are probably as many ways of preparing rabbit as there are folk who do it - but for those who have never seen it done, I might be able to offer some pointers. If I can get any myself, I'd want to do a demo early in the moot as theres no refridgeration on site and things might get a bit (ahem) high!

ATB

Ogri the trog

Silverback

Sep 29, 2006
England
Silverback,
I wont be travelling between Wales and Reading by then (being made redundant), but if theres a way to take up your kind offer, it would be great. I know there are probably as many ways of preparing rabbit as there are folk who do it - but for those who have never seen it done, I might be able to offer some pointers. If I can get any myself, I'd want to do a demo early in the moot as theres no refridgeration on site and things might get a bit (ahem) high!

ATB

Ogri the trog
I am meeting up with the Bucks boys this weekend and I know they will almost certainly be attending so I will try and get something sorted for you Ogri. I will give you an update after this weekend - I am sure we can sort it one way or another :)

Hi Stuart

I don't know if Kevin (Fenlander) is coming along this year but I will run some Bowdrill lessons again and the Hand drill if the maestro Rich59 needs help.

Willing to help out on anything else, though I would like to build a bow this year.

Cheers

George

Unfortunately I will not make it this year as I am teaching at the "World Scout Jamboree 2007". I hope everyone has a really great time though!

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
Ed said:
Put me down for a couple of afternoons please stuart (and if I'm drinking with sargey or jdlenton the night before, make sure its in the afternoon ) .....

I'd like to do a couple of workshops this year rather than the usual trapping/snaring lecture ... so snare making and setting (including a walk to show good places to set) .... and either a trap trigger workshop or net making .... either or

If you want me to do net making, then I'll have to limit the places available and ask people to bring a ball of garden twine.

Sorry guys and gals but I'm going to have to cancel this as it looks like we wont be able to come to the moot :( I Hope you all have a fun time, and i will try to pop down for the day if I can just to say 'Hiya' :D

Ed

Eric_Methven

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
Stuart

I would be happy to do a piece on leather carving but I dont have enough tools, swivel knives etc to make it a practical for any more that 1 or 2 people. Let me know if you think there would be any interest and ill bring what I have along.

Cheers
Nick

I've just PM'd you about tools for the above.

Eric

Womble

Native
Sep 22, 2003
Aldershot, Hampshire, UK
"guys and gals but I'm going to have to cancel this as it looks like we wont be able to come to the moot"

NOOOOOOooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pop down if you can, mate, We'll miss you!

dommyracer

Native
May 26, 2006
London
I could run an 'effective sleeping techniques' workshop.

Just come and stand by my hammock from 2 am til about 6am and watch a master at work......

Seriously though, I wouldn't like to say I'm skilled enough at anything to be able to do a workshop, but props to all those giving up their time to do them!

nigelp

Native
Jul 4, 2006
New Forest
newforestnavigation.co.uk
Any chance somebody could lead a sea-shore foraging session? Not something I've ever tried.

I have some knowledge of edible goodies found in and around rocky shores but have little knowledge of what's to be found on sandier and the estuary habitats; after a look at the map these seem to predominate at Merthyr Mawr? Limpet stir fry anyone!!

Nigel

rich59

Maker
Aug 28, 2005
London
Re foreshore collecting, a couple of issues came up last year - there are big, fast tides in the area, and the question of pollution. Also the coast is quite a trek. Having read around it I think most of the pollution issue only applies if you are living on the stuff all year round.

nickg

Settler
May 4, 2005
Chatham
Just to keep everyone in the frame Eric and I are working on combining his leathercrafting workshop and my Leathercarving demo together. Details to follow - (when we figure them out)

Cheers
Nick

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Id like to do leatherwork, seashore foraging and bow drills too.

I dont really have any skills to teach of my own, other than car boot bargain hunting and haggling, and we would need a car boot for that.....

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE