Working Party in My Woods

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
Very short notice this one. A few of you already know that I'm planning a working party in my woods this weekend. I ahve a variety of things that need doing and I though rather than struggle on my own (as I usually do), it would be more fun to get some folk in to work by day and drink by night :D

This weekend I plan to:
Build a structure over my outdoor (iron age) forge area
Re-shape the causeway into the group area
Make some benches
Build a new logstore
Scrub Bashing around the edges of the woods (so I can lay the hedges eventually)
There are more things to do if we have time

I'll be out there from friday afternoon and people are coming thorughout the weekend. Camping is available in the woods or there are B&Bs very close by.

So if anyone is interested in helping out, please give me a call or pm me

Oh, did I mention that we are going to have a party to say thankyou on sunday night ;)

If you want to see where this is happening, check this out!

NatG

Settler
Apr 4, 2007
Southend On Sea
that's ok ferretboy/Nat/stalker ;) I've not forgotten you! I just hope the buses work out ok :D

:lmao: :eek: sorry, i just live in perpetual fear of people forgetting who i am, or getting too confused or generally ending up in a bad way because of my slightly obsessive internet practices

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
Well here is another reason for people to skip work or ditch the missus at the shops for the weekend:

My good friend Dave Oliver of Rattlebox Theatre (also The Guild of Fabulon amongst others) is coming along on sunday evening to give us some entertainment! :) Here is dave's website

He is one of the best story tellers I know and his repetuor ranges from the child friendly to the very adult. He is also highly amusing with a great selection of puppets and props :D

Trust me, you don't want to miss out ;)

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Sounds like a grand weekend Dave and I would have loved to have come down but sadly I have to work Saturday :(

I've also got the little granddaughter staying this weekend :) So I'll be taking her for a walk in the woods :D

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
it was an interesting weekend to say the least. We didn't get quite what I had hoped done, but that wasn't due to those who managed to come along.

Generally though it went well and I have plans for a second attempt with more woodland management and carpentry in the new year ;) I'll work out dates and plans and repost nearer the time :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE