Wooly Jumper.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dan Wound

Tenderfoot
Jun 6, 2006
Bristol
Does anyone know of a good place to get a traditional fisherman's style wooly jumper ??

Preferably not an edinburgh Wool Mill £80 job.

iamasmith

Forager
Aug 12, 2009
London
The missus knits and I HAD a beautiful cable knit jumper. Really warm and I loved it. Unfortunately some varmit came and nibbled holes into ALL our woolens stored in the eaves, my jumper was one of the casualties :'(. Now she will only knit small stuff for the kids :(

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
Funny that - I pulled one out of my drawer yesterday that my mum knitted and I never wear. PM on it's way.

You can't get rid of a jumper your mum knitted. :nono: I gave one knitted by my mother in law to a charity shop once and lived to regret it. :yikes:

walker

Oct 27, 2006
devon
i have a brand new genuine gernsey jumper in dark blue very heavy and tight knit but its a 46 chest and am not

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Yesterday I got a Marks and Spencer merino wool crew neck sweater from one of the charitiy shops for £2.99 and a really LOUD Pringle golfing sweater in pure wool which will make a good base layer for £1.49

Mar 13, 2009
Sussex
Look for Guernsey sweaters - especially from Guernsey Woollens. 'The' traditional fisherman's sweaters. Usually in dark blue, but are being made in other (more 'bushcrafty') colours too. Very tough, mostly windproof and surpisingly water-resistant. Not as warm as a thick cable-knitted sweater but those are too warm unless you're just standing round, and aren't windproof at all. Highly recommended.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE